In the one-and-a-half months separating the initial posting of the Kony 2012 video and what was supposed to be last Friday night’s “Cover the Night” event, Invisible Children’s goals were obscured by a few things. Namely, the public shaming of the first video’s enigmatic star, Jason Russell, and the finances of the group falling under heavy scrutiny.
At the same time, we spent about a month laughing up places where the easily manipulated who ate up Kony 2012 would paste their fliers and stickers. Here are the top ten places you didn’t find Kony posters on April 21:
10. An elementary school
9. A military recruiting facility
8. Either entrance of Deady Hall
7. Taylor’s, bro.
6. DPS’ private armory
5. A Student Recreation Center locker room
4. The expansion of the Moshofsky Center
3. The big, grey chair in the EMU basement
2. Those weird bulletin boards on 13th and University
1. EMU Suite 300, thank goodness