De’Anthony Thomas set to make track debut at Oregon Twilight this weekend

Oregon junior running back Kenjon Barner wraps up freshmen phenom De'Anthony Thomas in a hug after Oregon's victory in the 2012 Rose Bowl Game. The pair combined for half of Oregon's six touchdowns on the night. (Aaron Marineau/Oregon Daily Emerald)

Posted by David Lieberman on Thursday, May. 3 at 4:00 pm.

This weekend, Oregon track and field will host the Oregon Twilight, its last regular season meet of the season. The Ducks will return to Hayward Field on May 12-13 when they host the inaugural Pac-12 Championships.

The meet will attract talent from around the Pacific Northwest, but won’t feature many of the program’s most recognizable names in anticipation of the Pac-12 meet.

Among the more prominent competitors for the women will be Anne Kesselring and Becca Friday in the 800 meters, Claudia Francis in the 400 meters, Bronwyn Crossman in the 3,000 meters, Lanie Thompson in the 1,500 meters, and Laura Bobek in the shot put.

For the men, the main attractions will be Mike Berry in the 200 meters, Bryan Harper in the 400 meters, Boru Guyota in the 800 meters, Jonathan Cabral in the 100-meter hurdles and Sam Crouser in the discus.

Football fanatics will be excited to hear that star running back De’Anthony Thomas is set to make his debut for Oregon track and field this weekend. The freshman will compete in the 100 meters and join Berry in the 200-meter field. Dior Mathis, a sophomore cornerback who has been running track while also participating in spring practices, will join Thomas in the 100 meters.