EMU referendum vote to take place next week

Run Yang, left, and Nina Wang hang out outside the fish bowl at the EMU. (Tess Freeman/Emerald)

Posted by Ian Campbell on Friday, Nov. 9 at 11:39 am.

The ASUO plans to run a campaign from Nov. 12 until Nov. 16 to urge students to vote on the highly debated EMU referendum. The ASUO Public Relations Director Brian Bradley said the campaign will be neutral.

“There will be people going to classes, tabling and trying to get all the info to the students so we can get as many people to vote as possible,” Bradley said.

A “yes” vote on the referendum would charge students $69 per term starting in 2014 in order to renovate the EMU.
A “no” vote would disallow the fee.

• http://twitter.com/uomatters UO Matters
    • Brudin

This is not admin’s referendum, this is ASUO’s referendum

• Student

Laura Hinman and Robin Holmes are both responsible for the RBI scandal. What exactly is your point?

• Brudin

Please state your name, be accountable for your allegations, and get your facts straight. Hiring RBI was the idea of the EMU Task Force (made up of students, and not Laura), paid for by EMU revenues, approved by Robin. When it got out of hand, Robin pulled the plug.

• Student

Two things are clear: you have a major crush on Laura, and Laura was definitely part of the EMU Task Force. Have you even asked her about it?

• Brudin

Now maybe if you had the audacity to post with your name, I’d be more inclined to think you’re authentic in what you’re saying. You know nothing about me yet assume a great deal, and if you have proof she was indeed part of the EMU Task Force, show it to me. Otherwise we’re done