For Chip Kelly, choice is narrowed to Philadelphia or Oregon

Oregon head coach Chip Kelly poses with the Fiesta Bowl trophy after his 30-minute question and answer session at the Wednesday morning press conference. Kelly will meet with Cleveland Browns executives on Friday following the game. (Tess Freeman/Emerald)

Posted by Emerald and Aubrey Wieber on Sunday, Jan. 6 at 2:24 pm.

Three NFL teams — the Bills, Eagles, and Browns — sent representatives to Arizona to meet with Oregon head coach Chip Kelly with aspirations of luring him to the NFL. All three flew home without Kelly’s signature.

Sunday morning the Bills hired Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone, leaving only Cleveland and Philadelphia in the hunt for Kelly.

Apparently the meeting between Kelly and the Browns didn’t go too well as ESPN.com is reporting that the Browns representatives left Arizona late Sunday morning and have decided to look elsewhere for their head coaching opening.

That leaves the Eagles as the only NFL team still coveting Kelly. The Eagles are also interviewing Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for the position, possibly due to Kelly’s reluctance to sign while in Arizona.

Due to what seems to be disinterest from Kelly, some are saying a return Oregon may be in the cards.