Oregon men’s basketball still out of AP Top 25 despite Civil War win

Posted by Hayden Kim on Monday, Jan. 7 at 4:30 pm.

Coming off a win against the rival Oregon State Beavers, the Ducks improved to 12-2 on the season. But despite their impressive record and their key win against the currently No. 24-ranked UNLV Rebels early in the season, the Ducks still find themselves outside of the AP Top 25 as they continue to try and crack the list week-in-and-week-out.

Next up for the Ducks however are the No. 4-ranked Arizona Wildcats at home, and it will be a great opportunity to put themselves on the national scene. The Wildcats are currently 2-0 in Pac-12 play and remain undefeated on the season at 14-0. Arizona is coming off a 60-57 win against Utah that could have gone either way, and it just proved that any team can compete with any opponent on any given night.

This game against Arizona will without a doubt be the biggest test the Ducks have seen this season, but the Ducks have proven this season that they can compete with any team in the country. With the return of Arik Armstead and the continuing growth of this young Ducks team, this matchup against Arizona will not only be one of the better Pac-12 matchups this year, but it could be another marquee win for the Ducks.

The game is scheduled for Jan. 10 and tip off is set for 6 p.m. Both ESPN or ESPN2 will provide coverage for the game.