Need a job? UO Human Resources seeking candidate for “head football coach — athletics”

Screen shot 2013-01-16 at 12.07.26 PM

Posted by McKenna Brown on Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 12:10 pm.

Well, that certainly didn’t take long.

Just three hours after Chip Kelly announced his intention to leave the Ducks for the Philadelphia Eagles, the University’s Human Resources department was already on the hunt for the next candidate.

They posted a job listing on their website that listed in detail the attributes of their desired candidate. Among some of the surprises:

— A bachelor’s degree is required.

— For some reason, they had to make it clear that “knowledge of NCAA rules and interpretations required.”

— The athletic department requires at least five years of experience of “successful” collegiate or professional experience.

— The would prefer someone who can “effectively communicate a plan of action for program improvement.”

Responsibilities include:

— “Works collaboratively in the selection, purchase, fitting and maintenance of team equipment, to include uniforms, athletic equipment and supplies.” That means they get to pick the team’s uniforms. Pretty sweet perk.

— “Promotes an atmosphere of compliance. Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of the Department and University, as well as the rules and regulations of the Pacific-12 Conference, the NCAA and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletic program.”

— “Participates in public relations activities, to include fundraising appearances, speaking engagements, television and radio interviews and press conferences, as approved or requested. Represents the Department at professional, civic, charitable and alumni events.”

— “Compiles data and reports, as required by the Department and University.”

— “Performs other duties as requested by the athletic administration, including but not limited to Athletic Director and sport liaison.” Basically, do what you’re told.

Interested? “Submit letter of interest, resume and the names and phone numbers of three references via email to Mark Ruckwardt, at athletichr@uoregon.edu. Mailed or faxed applications will not be considered.”