Ducks, Inc.: Chip Kelly’s lawn vandalized

Large tire tracks streak across the lawn of Chip Kelly's North Eugene home. The house — which he built this past year — is valued at $1.1 million according to the Register Guard. (Sam Stites/Emerald)

Posted by Sam Stites on Thursday, Jan. 17 at 3:33 pm.

UPDATE: It is unclear when the tire tracks were made on Chip Kelly’s lawn. Register-Guard columnist Bob Welch wrote today that “some jerk did drive across Kelly’s lawn in Act II of Chip’s going-or-staying drama, in his post-Fiesta Bowl flirtation with the NFL.”

***

Chip Kelly has officially departed the University of Oregon for a shot at the big leagues in Philadelphia.

And apparently some local Duck fan is none too pleased with his choice and decided to make a statement by driving across the lawn of his $1.1 million home in North Eugene.

The damage — although clearly visible — seems to be minor. The criminal mastermind responsible behind the act is surely glad their message has been sent, but if a good lawn ruining won’t keep Chip in Eugene then I don’t know what will.

• uomatters

Probably just Mark Helfrich celebrating his big payday.

• uomatters

, by spinning a few celebratory donuts.

• GAry

You know you can’t blame him for going for the pros this is just wrong to damage property because you are upset. It’s only a game afterall.

• confused

I’d like to know what proof the Emerald has that this was done in reaction to Chip leaving, and that the person even knew who’s house it was. Just curious.

• overconfident

why do you have to ruin a good story by questioning its validity?

• http://www.facebook.com/michelle.b.turner.58 Michelle Briggs Turner

Happened before christmas

• Hank Hill

• Hank

Win

• zach

It was probably the UO police…..trying to guard the property and turn around while munching a donut at the same time.