Artis out as Ducks look for third-straight home win over Huskies

Posted by Isaac Rosenthal on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 10:01 am.

Oregon will be without freshman guard Dominic Artis when they host Washington this afternoon at Matthew Knight Arena, clearing the way for a return to the starting lineup for Jonathan Loyd and an increased role off the bench for freshman Willie Moore.

The No. 16 Ducks will look to improve to a Pac-12 best 7-0 in league play and may even leapfrog No. 6 Arizona in the polls thanks to the Wildcats home loss to unranked UCLA — the Ducks were responsible for UCLA’s lone conference loss this year, a nine point win at the newly renovated Pauley Pavilion.

Meanwhile, a win for Washington would put the Huskies right back in the race for the regular season conference crown, but it would be the first time a Washington team has left Matthew Knight Arena with a win. Oregon’s 19 game win streak at Matthew Knight, which now ranks sixth in the nation, started last year with an 82-57 blowout of Washington.

Washington has four players averaging in double figures, led by junior guard C.J. Wilcox’s 19.3 points per game. Wilcox has been a workhorse for coach Lorenzo Romar this season, averaging over 35 minutes a game.

The Ducks and Huskies tip at 4:00 P.M. on the Pac-12 network. Follow the Emerald and sportswriters Aubrey Wieber and Isaac Rosenthal for updates and analysis from Matthew Knight Arena.