Zone Read PM: Ducks prepare to take on Stanford, a possible return for Greg Oden

Posted by Eddie Paskal on Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 3:36 pm.

The University of Oregon’s men basketball team has won nine games in a row and has now climbed to No. 10 in the most recent AP Poll.

Dana Altman and the Ducks have found success through a variety of methods, mostly relying heavily on the balanced offensive attack they are now sporting.

Tonight at 8 p.m. Oregon will take on the Stanford Cardinal in Palo Alto in what is sure to be a quality road test for the Ducks.

The Emerald’s Jackson Long provides a full game preview here.

****

Even though football season is now behind us and fans are still basking in the Fiesta Bowl victory over Kansas State, it is never too early to take a more in depth look at what the Ducks will look like come fall.

With a breadth of talent coming back on both sides of the ball, even the departure of head coach Chip Kelly doesn’t appear as though it will stop the upward trajectory the program has enjoyed in recent years.

The Register-Guard’s Rob Moseley takes a closer look at the defensive line for the Ducks and what to expect in the months to come.

****

Greg Oden, the oft-injured big man, has found himself back in the news.

The Portland Trail Blazers passed up Kevin Durant and instead picked Oden with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft but unfortunately Oden could not stay healthy and only appeared in 82 games in a Blazers jersey.

However, Oden is now drawing interest from teams in the Association including the Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers. While Oden is expected to pick a team in the upcoming weeks, it should be noted he will not be healthy enough to play until the 2013-14 season.

• the guy

F#uck Oden doe