Zone Read AM: Ducks confirm Frost promotion, Stanford hands Oregon first Pac-12 loss

Posted by Beth Maiman on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 11:29 am.

It was fun while it lasted. Last night the Stanford Cardinal stunned the No. 10 Ducks men’s basketball team 76-52, ending their nine-game winning streak.

Just more than two months after Stanford’s football team handed Oregon its lone loss of the season and brought Autzen Stadium to a dead silence, the Cardinal (13-8, 4-4 Pac-12) dominated the Ducks from the start and earned their first victory over a top 10 team in almost five years.

The Ducks put only 22 points on the board at half, making it their lowest scoring performance for a half this season.

Senior E.J. Singler, who has led the Ducks this season, was left scoreless in the first half.

The Ducks fell to 18-3 overall, 7-1 in Pac-12 play.

The Emerald’s very own Jackson Long recaps the game.

***

Oregon’s men’s distance medley relay team is headed to New York to compete in the Armory Collegiate Invitational on Friday.

Oregon is tentatively slated to run Virginia transfer Brett Johnson on the opening 1,200 meter leg, Mike Berry on the 400, Elijah Greer on the 800 and Mac Fleet on the 1,600.

The Ducks will also have junior Boru Guyota competeing in the 1,000 meter.

Oregon’s men’s team moved up a spot to No. 4 in this week’s USTFCCCA poll. The women remained at No. 3.

****

With college football’s national signing day nearing, the Ducks have already had a handful of recruits that are expected to sign, and causing attention is kicker/punter Matt Wogan.

With the Ducks coming off a year in which the kickers made just half their attempts, The Register Guard’s Rob Moseley examines how the recruit could provide an immediate impact.

Oregon also confirmed the promotion of Scott Frost to offensive coordinator.