Zone Read PM: Women’s basketball takes on Stanford, rumors swirl about a possible Chip Kelly, Dennis Dixon reunion

Posted by Aubrey Wieber on Friday, Feb. 1 at 3:35 pm.

After their road trip last weekend when they went 1-1 with a win against Washington State, the Ducks’ women’s basketball team will enjoy a two-game homestand. However, the games will come against stiff competition in the form of No. 4 Stanford and No. 6 Cal.

A full preview of the Stanford game, which is tonight at 6 p.m., can be found here.

Ever since Chip Kelly took the head coaching job for the Philadelphia Eagles, there has been speculation as to who will be quarterbacking the team next season. With the poor play of Michael Vick over the last two seasons, Nick Foles seems to be the leading candidate. When Kelly coached against Foles at the collegiate level he was very impressed.

“I catch myself watching him in awe sometimes,” Kelly said. “Nick is a hell of a football player. That kid’s a warrior. He’s as good as anyone in the country.”

In the past couple of days, speculation has moved from starting QB to who might be the back up with many reports that Kelly is looking into signing former Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon.The Oregonian’s Aaron Fentress has more on the possible reunion. 

More PED rumors have broken out connecting MLB players such as Alex Rodriguez and Gio Gonzalez to Anthony Bosch, a Miami based physician, who reportedly injected several players with steroids. 

Steroids are also making headlines with the NFL. Recently, Raven’s linebacker Ray Lewis was connected with a banned substance derived from deer antlers, and this morning NFL commissioner talked about possible HGH testing starting next season. 

Former Blazers All-Star Brandon Roy suffers yet another set back with his knee. 

The Blazers and Jazz, both in a race for a bottom playoff seed, face off tonight.