Oregon softball surprises players with new uniforms

BCSaUj_CcAI_Lo7.jpg-large

Posted by Matt Walks on Monday, Feb. 4 at 2:52 pm.

Another nationally ranked Ducks team gets another set of nationally noticed uniforms.

Aaron Wasson, director of equipment operations at the University of Oregon, tweeted out a photo of the new jerseys Oregon softball players will wear this spring season. The jerseys, announced during a press conference before the team’s Monday practice, came as a surprise to the players.

The uniforms come in white (with black or green lettering), Kelly green, black with yellow lettering and yellow with black lettering. The team will also wear carbon fiber batting helmets. (h/t & photos @poohwasson33)

“We couldn’t be more excited by what Nike has done,” Oregon head coach Mike White said. “The design folks did a great job incorporating many of our new logos and key jargon specific for just us. Nike has always been very generous to all our programs, and we’re excited to finally see this end product after 1 1/2 years of work. It was hard to keep it a secret for so long but was well worth it to see the smiles on their faces today.”

The Ducks, fresh off advancing to the College World Series last season, begin their spring slate against Western Michigan on Thursday, Feb. 7, at the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe, Ariz.

Update (5:14 p.m.): The UO released a press release late Monday afternoon, shedding a little more light on the smaller details of the five different jersey combinations.

The actual uniform is made of a “lightweight, durable stretch fabric designed to minimize weight and maximize freedom of movement.” On their feet, the Ducks will wear cleats sporting the words “PRIDE” and “OKC” — the latter short for Oklahoma City, the annual site of the Women’s College World Series.

The team’s motto this year, “Attitude Effort Respect,” is stitched into the sockliners.