ASUO Vice President Nick McCain announces Elections Board appointments

Posted by Ian Campbell on Thursday, Feb. 7 at 6:00 pm.

ASUO Vice President Nick McCain sent an email to the ASUO Senate announcing that he had received an official recommendation from Elections Board Chair Pat Chaney.

In the email McCain appointed Zach Everman, Calvin Nguyen, Haley Nelson and Madison Savary to the Elections Board.

“I would like to have them confirmed at the next senate meeting,” McCain said.

In a recent email, McCain stated that he intended to have the board confirmed during a Special Senate meeting on Feb. 10 at 12 p.m. in McKenzie 240A.

The appointments were made following the ASUO Constitution Court ruling that stated the initial appointments made by Laura Hinman were invalid. Con Court decided between whether or not the recommendations needed to be reconfirmed or if the appointments needed to be made by the ASUO Executive again.

The confirming of an ASUO Elections Board will be the first step toward putting Hinman back in the presidential office.

• Fuck You Concourt

So wait, is this okay to do? We should check with Concourt first and then have them get back to us in a few weeks.

Also, is Nick McCain technically the President right now? I honestly don’t know.

• Ian Campbell

The seat of the ASUO President is vacant. According to ConCourt decision 16 CC, “Vice-President NickMcCain ‘shall assume all duties pertaining to the officeof the President’ effective immediately.”