Oregon golf drops to 11th place heading into final day at Amer Ari Invitational

Posted by Hayden Kim on Thursday, Feb. 7 at 6:12 pm.

After finishing in a tie for eighth place in conclusion of day one, the Ducks fell three spots this afternoon as they shot a 289 as a team. The Ducks have now shot a combined score of 576 after two days of play and currently sit 21 strokes behind leader Washington (555). In regards to Pac-12 schools, Arizona State is currently sitting in ninth place with a slight three stroke lead over the Ducks while Stanford sits in 10th place only one stroke back.

For the Ducks it was senior Robbie Ziegler who led the way as he carded a two-under 70 this afternoon. Ziegler now has a combined score of 147 (77-70) in two days of competition, which is good for 65th place overall. For Ziegler it was a round featuring four birdies and a lone over-par on the par-four 10th hole.

But after two days of play, it is freshman Brandon McIver who continues to impress. Not only does McIver lead the Ducks in the individual standings, but he also holds a one-under par (72-71=143) heading into the final day of play as he sits in a tie for 30th place with 10 other golfers. Following McIver is senior Tyler Parker, who is dead even par (70-74=144) after two rounds of play. Parker currently sits in a tie for 41st place.

For sophomore Jonathan Woo, it was a day of cooling off. After finishing day one with a four-under 68, Woo went on to shoot a five-over 77 this afternoon. Woo fell to a 45th place tie and will be looking to recover from his disappointing performance today. Freshmen Zach Foushee (76-72=148) currently sits in a tie for 79th after shooting par (72) and Sulman Raza (77-74=151) finished the day with a two-over 74 to bring his overall score to 151.

On the horizon: The Ducks will tee off their final round of play tomorrow morning at the par-72, 7,074-yard King’s Course in Waikoloa, Hawaii. For all news and recaps following the game, check back here at the Emerald.