Oregon women’s basketball to take on the Utes

Ariel Thomas finished with 4 points on 2-11 shooting during Oregon's 63-53 loss to Oregon State Jan. 15, 2013 at Matthew Knight Arena. (Alex McDougall/Emerald)

Posted by Aubrey Wieber on Friday, Feb. 8 at 1:18 pm.

Oregon women’s basketball takes to the road this weekend as they look to finish the tail end of the season strong.

After a tough weekend against the conference’s top two teams, Stanford and California, Oregon will enjoy lesser opponents in Utah and Colorado.

The first game comes Friday evening against Utah. Currently at 11-10, 2-8 in Pac-12 play, the Utes reside just above Oregon in the conference standings. The Utes are lead by Michelle Plouffe, who is putting up 16.4 points per game to go with 7.5 boards. The scoring options aren’t limited to Plouffe as the Utes boast three players averaging double figures. Taryn Wicijowski is scoring 15 points per game, while Iwalani Rodrigues contributes 12 points.

Tip off is at 6 p.m. on Friday night.

• anonymous

Does this writer even follow Pac12 women’s basketball?? Wicijowski is out for the year with an injury. She won’t be scoring any points.

• Aubrey Wieber

Taryn Wicijowski had 13 points and eight rebounds against the Ducks in this game. She is not out for the year with injury, as she played 26 minutes in the game.

• anonymous

Why did you delete my response? Wicijowsk is out for the year with an injury. Even you can’t handle negative responses on your lack on knowledge, then learn how to do research before you write.