Zone Read PM: Oregon drops three in a row; top ranked Hoosiers fall as well

Posted by Eddie Paskal on Friday, Feb. 8 at 1:48 pm.

The University of Oregon men’s basketball team dropped their third game in a row on Thursday night to the Colorado Buffaloes, which also meant the end of their 20-game home winning streak in the friendly confines of Matthew Knight Arena.

The Ducks led a majority of the game, but sloppy play down the stretch allowed Colorado to hang around and eventually win 48-47 in the final minute.

Regular starting point guard Dominic Artis remained sidelined with a foot injury, and the absence of the freshman was noticeable in the play of the Ducks.

The Emerald’s Isaac Rosenthal provides a full game recap here.

****

For the fifth week in a row, the No. 1 men’s basketball team in the nation has been defeated. This week, the top-ranked Indiana Hoosiers traveled to Champaign, Ill., and lost on a buzzer beater to the Illinois Fighting Illini 74-72.

The Illini trailed for a majority of the game, even falling behind 12 points to the Hoosiers at the half before eventually knotting the game with 1:17 left to play.

Cody Zellerled the Hoosiers with 14 points, but in the end it was not enough to keep his team in the top spot for another week.

****

Whether you love him or hate his on and off the field antics, Brian Wilson has become one of the most recognizable athletes in sports.

Rocking his trademark beard and eccentric personality, Wilson has slowly become one of baseball’s best closers.

However, the bearded one is coming off of the second Tommy John surgery of his career, and no one is quite sure how his body will bounce back for the 2013 campaign.

With his Giants career seemingly over and his future a huge mound of uncertainty, ESPN New York’s Johnette Howard takes a deeper look at one of the most mysterious men in sports.