Oregon golf drops to 10th place at Northrop Grumman Regional

Posted by Hayden Kim on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 9:13 pm.

After finishing round one in strong fashion, the Ducks fell three spots to sit in a 10th place tie after day two of competition. As a group, the Ducks (303-306-612) didn’t have their best performance and they now find themselves in an uphill battle as they carded a 25-over 309 at the Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Leading the way for the Ducks today were sophomores Cassy Isagawa (71-76-147) and Monica Petchakan (84-76-160) who both tied for the Duck’s best score of 5-over 76. Isagawa led the way for the Ducks in conclusion of round one as she found herself in second place overall, but with a mediocre finish today, she quickly fell 12 spots to sit at a tie for 14 place. Petchakan was one of the few Duck players who moved up in the rankings as she jumped from 84th place to a tie for 69th. Freshman Caroline Inglis (71-79-150) also found herself falling the rankings as she fell to a tie for 30th place after finishing round one alongside her Isagawa in a tie for second place.

After finishing in fourth place after day one of competition, No. 1 ranked USC (298-280-578) made their move to the top as they carded a four-under 280 today. Following USC are UCLA (288-291-579) — who sits one stroke behind — and No. 4 Duke (290-295-585) in that order as two Pac-12 teams find themselves in the top three.

Duke’s Alejandra Cangrejo (70-70-140) continues her great play as she remains on top of the individual rankings with a one-under 70. Trailing Cangrejo are Florida’s Camilla Hedberg (71-72-143) and Southern California’s Kyung Kim (74-69-143) who find themselves in a tie for second place with an overall score of one-over 143.

On the horizon: The Ducks will return to the Palo Verdes Golf Club tomorrow morning for the final round of play as they try and make a late event jump in the rankings. Competition will begin bright and early at 8 a.m. For all news and recaps following the event, check back here at the Emerald.