Former Oregon running back LaMichael James endorses United Oregon

LaMichael James announced he is entering the NFL draft during a press conference at the Casanova Center Jan. 6, 2012. (Alex McDougall/Oregon Daily Emerald)

Posted by Ian Campbell on Thursday, Apr. 11 at 10:13 pm.

Former University of Oregon football player and current San Francisco 49er LaMichael James recently took to Twitter to endorse Sam Dotters-Katz and the United Oregon slate.

James was a freshman enrolled at the UO during Dotters-Katz’s first term as ASUO president.

“We are so proud to have received the endorsement of the state house majority leader, the Emerald, and now a great alumni, LaMichael James. Go Ducks, ” Dotters-Katz said.

• Shut Up Brudin

Congratulations on being endorsed by a convicted abuser of women. Good thing Ducks for a Difference has more integrity than this.

• whistles innocently

I’m just going to leave the Lamichael James sentencing memorandum here. Do with it what you wish. http://www.scribd.com/doc/28271575/LaMichael-James-Sentencing-Memorandum

• Nope.

It was his choice to endorse United Oregon. Things that he have done in the past have no bearing on the United Oregon campaign or their integrity. Your comment is irrelevant.

• Shut Up Brudin

The feelings of respect are apparently mutual here, so Sam does have agency in this.

• Gonna win me some votes!

Get a life. It’s Thursday night before the last day of the elections. You’re not buying anyone’s vote on the daily emrald’s comments section by trying to shame the opposite campaign. Anyone who gives enough of a fuck to comment/read comments on here more than likely already made their decisions.

• Goducks25

Sounds like some people are a little worked up about one of the best, not to mention most popular, Oregon players of all time endorsing their opposing campaign

• Boss Tweed

What will be the percentage voting of all eligible students? Will it be large or PATHETICALLY LOW??

Just little kids having fun.