Zone Read AM: ‘Forest’ coming to Autzen Stadium, Ducks projected as national seed

ZoneRead AM banner

Posted by Isaac Rosenthal on Thursday, Apr. 18 at 10:27 am.

The Register-Guard has this cool report about Phil Knight’s plan to bring Douglas fir, incense cedar, coast redwood, giant sequoia, western red cedar and Canadian hemlock trees to the north berm of Autzen Stadium. In all, 39 trees between 35 and 40 feet in length are on their way to Autzen Stadium where they’ll eventually be joined by hundreds of saplings.

***

The new NCAA College World Series tournament projections from Perfect Game are out, and both Oregon and Oregon State are projected as regional hosts — national seeds, in fact, so if the Ducks and Beavers both take care of business they’d both host Super Regionals.

***

Will Chip Kelly’s offense work in the NFL? Hard to say. But Eagles tight end Brent Celek certainly likes what he’s seeing so far. ”From a communication standpoint,” Celek told reporters after practice, “it’s going to change the game. Just the way they can communicate plays and get us into the stuff, that’s pretty cool. It’s something I never even thought was possible in the NFL.”

***

Finally, here’s the entire crowd at the Boston Bruins game last night singing the national anthem. Boston Strong, indeed.