Zone Read: Kenjon Barner promotes NCAA Football 14, Jordan Hasay named Capital One Academic All-America of the year

Zone Read PM snap

Posted by Hayden Kim on Thursday, Jun. 27 at 3:42 pm.

If you haven’t already seen the video, former Oregon running back Kenjon Barner was recently featured in a video promoting not only Ducks football, but also the release of the video game NCAA Football 14. In the video, Barner reflects on the thrills of being a Duck and eventually asks fans to vote for the Ducks to be featured on the upcoming NCAA Football 14 cover. While the Ducks have gone to three straight BCS Bowls, nothing says national powerhouse more than a cover photo for NCAA football.

***

Every year, the Division I Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup recognizes colleges and universities that maintain a broad-based athletic program. Points are given out based on national finishes in up to 20 sports (10 men’s, 10 women’s) and for the Ducks, it was the mixture of football, women’s volleyball, men’s and women’s cross country, men’s basketball, men’s and women’s indoor track & field, men’s and women’s golf, baseball, softball, as well as men’s and women’s outdoor track & field that secured them yet another impressive finish. This year, the University of Oregon finished in 15th place overall (second-highest in school history) in the 2012-13 Division I Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup standings. This is its fourth top-25 finish in five years as they registered a school-record 929.75 total points, besting their 2009-10 total of 878.5 when placing 14th.

***

Senior distance runner Jordan Hasay was recently one of two runners who were named the Capital One Academic All-America of the Year award for the Division I Men’s and Women’s track and field and cross country programs. Along with a major in business and administrations, Hasay maintained an impressive 3.87 G.P.A throughout her four years. This is Hasay’s second time receiving this honor after being named the Capital One Academic All-America of the Year in 2011.

The Capital One website has the full story.

***

It’s that time of year again when every hoop fans settle down on their couch and await their team’s decision in the NBA Draft. Tonight will feature names such as Trey Burke (Michigan), Cody Zeller (Indiana), C.J. McCollum (Lehigh) and a few more names that may be able to make an immediate impact on their future team. While the draft this year may not highlight as prominent names in comparison to past draft classes, it should hold as a nice time killer for any hoop fan out there waiting for something to do.

ESPN will have the full coverage live here.

• Jacob

Ducks have gone to 4 straight BCS bowls