Zone Read: Oregon football prepares to move into new facilities, A-Rod could face punishment for second opinion

ZONEREADsized

Posted by Hayden Kim on Thursday, Jul. 25 at 3:13 pm.

In a matter of days — 11 to be exact — the Oregon football team will move into their new $68 million facilities. Not only will this effect the football program, it will also impact Oregon athletics as a whole as other programs move into their new spaces accordingly. With piles of boxes and various possessions now occupying vacant rooms, the rush for change is at an all-time high as moving day inches closer and closer.

***

As Mark Helfrich makes the transition from offensive coordinator to head coach, a new name has naturally risen to the surface. In a recent interview on the ESPNU College Football Podcast, Helfrich announced that Scott Frost was to take over the offensive duties as the new offensive coordinator. Helfrich assured that Frost will continue what the Ducks have established these past few years, which is something Duck fans may have previously been curious about prior to the news.

***

The New York Yankees are currently considering possible disciplinary action towards Alex Rodriguez after he obtained a second medical opinion from Dan Murphy following an initial diagnosis from Yankees’ team physician Christopher Ahmad. A-Rod stated that he did not trust Ahmad’s diagnosis of a Grade 1 quad sprain following an MRI this past Sunday. But his actions are a clear violation of baseball’s collective bargaining agreement: “Article XIII, Paragraph D of the CBA, a player may not seek a second medical opinion without first notifying his club in writing.” Whether or not A-Rod will be punished is still up in the air, but as of now, things are looking very grim for the man that is owed $86 million over the next four years.

• Westsider50

affect….
    “Not only will this AFFECT the football program, it will also impact Oregon athletics as a whole…”