Take a knee: Boseko Lokombo discusses Civil War and reflects on Oregon career

Oregon senior linebacker Boseko Lokombo (25) waits in line during pre-game warm-ups before the start of the game. The No. 5 Oregon Ducks play the Arizona Wildcats at Arizona Stadium in Tucson, Ariz. on Nov. 23, 2013. (Ryan Kang/Emerald)

Posted by Hayden Kim on Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 3:20 pm.

For senior linebacker Boseko Lokombo, this will be both his final home game and his final Civil War as a Duck. While Oregon is coming off a loss to Arizona, Lokombo and the Ducks are looking forward to finishing the season strong against their in-state rivals. Lokombo had a moment to express his emotions and thoughts heading into the game.

Preparation leading up to the game

“I think we’re prepared,” Lokombo said. “Looking forward to the game, it’s our last regular season game and it’s going to be exciting to play another one. It’s the Civil War, so it’s always fun.”

Playing as a senior

“I’m looking forward to finishing off strong and seeing all the families,” Lokombo said. “Just getting an opportunity to play again at Autzen one more time.”

Growing accustomed to the Civil War

“I feel like I’ve known it (Civil War). For me it’s sad because it’s my last one,” Lokombo said. “I came a long way and it’s going to be emotional for a lot of people, but it’s going to be fun too. I’m excited (about) how everybody did this year and I think we’re going to have a lot of fun on Friday.”

Progression of the Civil War

“It (the Civil War) has gotten better,” Lokombo said. “But Oregon, we’ve always beat them up. Even in the past it used to be exciting and it still is. We’re better than them and we want to keep that tradition, we want to keep winning the Civil War.”

Thanksgiving plans

“Family is coming to town,” Lokombo said. “Just going to eat up and relax.”

Follow Hayden Kim on Twitter @HayDayKim

• Raussan

They are better than Oregon St

• 4-Stroke National Motocross

I will be watching the Oregon Ducks demolish The Oregon State Beavers while in Montana…Go Ducks!