Four Oregon volleyball players earn All-Pac-12 honors

Oregon outside hitter Liz Brenner (6) celebrates a critical point as the Ducks pull ahead during the third set. The Oregon Ducks play the Cal Bears at Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene, Ore. on Nov. 16, 2013. (Michael Arellano/Emerald)

Posted by Andrew Bantly on Tuesday, Dec. 3 at 1:15 pm.

The Pac-12 announced the 2013 all-conference volleyball honorees on Tuesday, and the Ducks were well represented.

Junior outside hitter Liz Brenner made the All-Pac-12 team for the second straight year. This is her third Pac-12 honor after making the All-Pac-12 Freshman team in 2011. Brenner topped the conference with 4.62 kills/set and 5.28 points/set this season.

Seniors Lauren Plum and Ariana Williams both earned honorable mentions.

Plum, the 2012 Pac-12 setter of the year who’s made the all-conference team twice, was recognized after missing part of the 2013 season due to a foot injury.

The middle blocker Williams earned an honorable mention for the third straight year. Her .343 hitting percentage ranked seventh in the conference this season.

Freshman Amanda Benson dug herself into the Oregon record books this season and was rewarded with a Pac-12 All-Freshman Team selection. Benson not only led all Pac-12 freshmen digs, she also became the leading digger in Oregon freshman history. Benson averaged 4.71 digs/set this season.

The Ducks are set to play Miami in the 1st Round of the NCAA Tournament in Lincoln, Neb. on Dec. 6.

Follow Andrew Bantly on Twitter @abant3