Rowe sets Oregon scoring record in women’s basketball win over Seattle University

Posted by Jonathan Hawthorne on Wednesday, Dec. 4 at 9:43 pm.

Freshman Chrishae Rowe did it again.

On Wednesday night against Seattle University, Rowe set a new school record with 41 points in Oregon’s 105-100 win at Seattle’s Key Arena.

The Corona, Calif., native finished 14-of-25 from the floor, including a blistering 6-of-8 from beyond the arc while also grabbing eight rebounds and recording three steals in the Ducks’ non-conference comeback win. She also finished 7-of-9 from the free-throw line.

Rowe entered the game averaging 22.7 points per game in her freshman campaign. The previous record of 38 points was set five different times, most recently by sophomore Jillian Alleyne against Portland State last season. Taylor Lilley and Nicole Canepa also recorded 38-point performances during the 2009-10 season. The Pac-12 single-game scoring record is 50 points.

With 5:15 left in the game, the game was tied at 90-90 before Oregon engineered a 10-2 run behind a five-point spurt by Rowe to take a 100-92 lead. She offically broke the record by hitting a three-pointer with 3:30 left on the clock to bring her total to 39.

The win in Seattle marked the Ducks’ first non-conference road win since a 99-72 defeat of Santa Clara on Dec. 21, 2010.

Alleyne added 17 points and 16 rebounds for her fifth double-double of the season and the 17th of her career. Junior Katelyn Loper entered the contest ranked No. 1 in the NCAA, averaging 4.5 made threes per game. She added to that with five three-pointers and 22 total points.

The Ducks found their advantage on second-chance points, outscoring Seattle 19-4 and outrebounding the Redhawks 49-38.

On the horizon: The Ducks take on Portland State on Dec. 14 at 2 p.m.

Follow Jonathan Hawthorne on Twitter @Jon_Hawthorne