The good, the bad, the ugly: Oregon football team passes out gifts to children at Sacred Heart Medical Center

Posted by Chris Mosch on Friday, Dec. 13 at 11:37 am.

GOOD:

- The Oregon baseball and softball teams will play 18 and 17 nationally televised games, respectively, this upcoming spring. Each squad will be featured on ESPNU once this season and the baseball team will have eight of its home games televised on the Pac-12 Networks. The baseball team opens its season on Feb. 14 at Hawaii while the softball team will open play on Feb. 7 against Cal Poly as part of the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe. Ariz.

-  Athlon Sports Magazine announced its College Football 2013 Postseason All-American team on Thursday and three Ducks made the cut. Hroniss Grasu was named the first-team center, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu was named a second-team cornerback and De’Anthony Thomas was named the third-team all-purpose player. Other Pac-12 players to make the first team include Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey, Oregon State wide receiver Brandin Cooks, Stanford guard David Yankey and UCLA linebacker/running back Myles Jack.

-  The Oregon football team visited the Sacred Heart Medical Center yesterday and passed gifts out to children as a part of the Oregon Heroes Program. Oregon Senior Associate AD Craig Pintens tweeted a picture of the team from the visit, and GoDucks.com editor Rob Moseley retweeted posts from tight end Pharaoh Brown and linebacker Rodney Hardrick.

BAD:

- This one might be considered sad for Oregon running fans rather than bad, as elite distance runner Kara Goucher announced on Wednesday that she will be leaving Oregon and moving back to Colorado. Goucher, 35, is a two-time Olympian who came to Oregon in 2004 and trained with the Nike Oregon Project under Alberto Salazar until the fall of 2011. At that time, she switched to an elite training group coached by Jerry Schumacher that was also based at the campus of the Nike World Headquarters. Goucher graduated from Colorado in 2001 and will go forward training with a group in Boulder, Colo. where she will be coached by her college coaches Mark Wetmore and Heather Burroughs.

UGLY:

- At least three people were stabbed following last night’s game between the Denver Broncos and San Diego Chargers. Three men were found with non-life-threatening stab wounds with a possible fourth victim that drove away before police offers arrived on the scene. Justin Lee Manzanares, 29, is being held for further investigation and the incident appears to have stemmed from a near fender bender.

Follow Chris Mosch on Twitter @chris_mosch