Oregon women’s basketball defeats Washington 101-85

Oregon guard Chrishae Rowe (21) goes up for the the floater in the paint during the first half. The Oregon women’s basketball team (10-8, 1-6 in Pac-12) host the University of Washington Huskies (11-8, 3-4 in Pac-12) Sunday Jan. 26, 2014 at Matthew Knight Arena. (Michael Shaw/Emerald)

Posted by Christopher Keizur on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 3:25 pm.

The Oregon women’s basketball team picked up their second Pac-12 win Sunday, beating rival Washington 101-85.

Forward Jillian Alleyne led the way for the Ducks, scoring 34 points and pulling in 25 rebounds. The double-double was her 15th consecutive and 17th of the season.

“I cannot be happier with her,” Oregon head coach Paul Westhead said of Alleyne after the game. “She is becoming a complete player.”

The Ducks (11-8, 2-6 Pac-12) led for the entire first half, though they couldn’t build on their lead as Washington (10-9, 3-5) hung around.

The Huskies pulled ahead 49-47 on a fast break bucket from Mercedes Wetmore three minutes into the second half. It was the first time they led all game.

The teams then traded buckets and runs as neither could pull away from the other. Then, guard Lexi Petersen helped the Ducks regain control. She scored six straight points to push Oregon ahead 86-76. Petersen ended the game with 23 points, eight rebounds and five assists.

Duck guards Katelyn Loper and Chrishae Rowe followed Peterson’s hot streak up with back-to-back threes, erasing any chance of a comeback by the Huskies.

“That is two games in a row that our kids turned it on, turned it up, rather than shut it down,” Westhead said. “That’s a good sign of a team that can play speed, maintain the speed and eventually have the pace of the game help us win.”

Though it pushed the tempo, Oregon surprisingly ended with only six fast break points, an abnormality for a team that likes to run.

For the players, the rivalry against Washington was certainly on their minds.

“It is a huge rivalry between us and them,” Alleyne said. “Washington State was a great win, but Washington was greater.”

Washington was led by their star backcourt of Jazmine Davis and Kelsey Plum. Both were averaging 19 points per game coming into the contest, and they continued their brilliance against Oregon. Davis finished with 30 points while Plum had 23.

The Huskies were also able to take advantage of the Ducks via backdoor cuts. Because Davis and Plum demanded so much attention defensively, other players found themselves open under the hoop often.

Rowe had a rough shooting night for the Ducks, missing open shots she usually makes. Rowe went 6-of-19 from the floor and 1-of-9 on her three-point attempts.

Now after sweeping the Washington schools, Oregon will look to continue their win streak as they prepare to hit the road to take on Arizona and Arizona State.

Follow Chris Keizur on Twitter @chriskeizur