Ceo leads Oregon softball to fourth straight win to wrap up Kajikawa Classic

Posted by Ryan Kostecka on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 5:15 pm.

After going 7-for-8 in two wins yesterday, Courtney Ceo was once again leading the offensive attack as the Ducks defeated Boise State 9-0 in five innings in their final game of the Kajikawa Classic to finish 4-1 in the three-day tournament.

Ceo went a perfect 3-f0r-3 at the plate and added three stolen bases as the Ducks combined to total 11 hits and five stolen bases in the game.

Oregon’s Janelle Lindvall went 2-for-3 with two RBI’s and two runs while Janie Takeda added a double and an RBI. Nikki Udria hit a triple and drove in a run as well.

On the mound, Cheridan Hawkins upped her record to 3-1 by pitching four innings and giving up just one hit with four strikeouts while Karissa Hovinga finished the game by striking out all three batters in the final inning. Hawkins has struck out 19 batters over the past 12.2 innings she’s pitched while giving up just two hits.

The game was scoreless through the first inning but Oregon exploded for seven runs in the second inning. It was the most runs they’ve scored in a single inning so far this year. The Ducks tallied seven hits in the inning with four of those came off of extra base hits, but none were bigger than Takeda’s, Udria’s and Alexa Peterson’s.

Oregon completed their scoring in the fourth inning when Sara Goodrum’s RBI double plated the second run of the inning and final run of the game.

Oregon returns to action for a doubleheader in the Easton Desert Classic in Las Vegas, Nev. on Feb. 14. Once again, the Ducks will play five games in three consecutive days beginning with Toledo at 9 a.m. and UNLV at 3:45 p.m. on Friday.

Follow Ryan Kostecka on Twitter @Ryan_Kostecka