Oregon men’s basketball: Damyean Dotson cited for using false ID at Taylor’s Bar & Grill

Oregon guard Damyean Dotson (21) shows his speed and agility as he makes his way to the basket late in the first half. The No. 17 Oregon Ducks play the California Bears at Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene, Ore. on Jan. 9, 2014. (Michael Shaw/Emerald)

Posted by Victor Flores on Saturday, Feb. 22 at 1:38 pm.

Oregon men’s basketball guard Damyean Dotson, 19, was cited and released by the Eugene Police Department for using a false identification last night in attempt to get into Taylor’s Bar & Grill. The incident occurred around 12:47 a.m., EPD spokeswoman Melinda McLaughlin said.

Taylor’s security took Dotson into custody after they determined Dotson was using someone else’s ID. EPD arrived, cited him and took him into custody. McLauglin said Dotson’s offense — misrepresentation of age by a minor — is jailable but he was released from EPD headquarters after his citation without serving any jail time.

Taylor’s is located on 13th Avenue and Kincaid Street, right next to the University of Oregon campus.

Head coach Dana Altman released a statement through the athletic department earlier today regarding the situation.

“We are aware of the citation and will continue to gather information regarding the circumstances,” Altman said. “Once all the facts are available, additional discipline and community outreach will be handled internally.”

KEZI’s Jessica Debbas first reported Dotson’s citation.

• uomatters

More drinking is the rational substitution response to AD Rob Mullens’s new random drug test policy, which allows him to kick athletes of the team and take away their scholarship for smoking pot. At least this guy wasn’t caught driving drunk.

http://www.uomatters.com/2012/10/rob-mullens-drives-uos-student-athletes.html

• AP Style

*Grille

Source: The name of the place.

• http://people.ign.com/deprecatingduck DeprecatingDuck

boo hoo… students trickle into eugene bars all the time using fake IDs. this high-profile guy just happened to get caught.