NFL combine: De’Anthony Thomas runs 4.5 40-yard dash, Josh Huff right behind him

Oregon junior running back De'Anthony Thomas (6) eyes Arizona junior cornerback Jonathan McKnight (6) during a carry in the first half. The No. 5 Oregon Ducks play the Arizona Wildcats at Arizona Stadium in Tucson, Ariz. on Nov. 23, 2013. (Michael Arellano/Emerald)

Posted by Justin Wise on Sunday, Feb. 23 at 5:52 pm.

De’Anthony Thomas may have made his path to the NFL a lot more difficult after his performance at the NFL Scouting Combine Sunday.

Thomas, a former Oregon running back who burst onto the national scene due to his explosive speed, finished with an official time of 4.50. The time ranks him 11th among running backs and was nowhere close to Kent State’s Dri Archer, who ran a 4.26.

Thomas would also finish tied for 25th with a 32-inch vertical jump and posted a 124-inch broad jump, good enough to tie for eighth.

Former Oregon wide receiver Josh Huff also worked out today and delivered a decent performance in Indianapolis. Huff, not typically known for his speed, posted an official time of 4.51 in the 40-yard dash. The time ranked 24th among wide receivers.

In other workouts, Huff bench pressed 225 pounds 14 times (tied for 16th among receivers) and posted marks of 35 1/2-inches in the vertical jump (T-22nd) and 116 inches in the broad jump (tied for sixth-to-last among participating receivers).

Both players are expected to be mid-to-late round picks. Huff most likely did little to change that perception. Thomas, however, may face more speculation from teams expecting him to be that athlete whose speed cannot be compared with.

Follow Justin Wise on Twitter @JWISE25