Oregon men’s golf: Rough outing Tuesday leaves group in third place at Duck Invitational

Posted by Justin Wise on Tuesday, Mar. 25 at 9:46 pm.

In a tournament the team hosted, the Oregon men’s golf team continued its subpar play of late into the final round of the Duck Invitational, finishing third place at the par-72, 7,165-yard Emerald Valley Golf Course in Eugene, Ore.

Oregon won the tournament in 2013, but due to windy conditions throughout, the group could not find its stroke Tuesday and shot 12-over par for the day, finishing 20-over for the tournament. The finish was disappointing, considering the Ducks headed into the day just two strokes behind the eventual winner, Oregon State.

Sulman Raza, who continues to improve through the spring season, finished in a tie for sixth individually with a scorecard that read 70-73-75 (2-over 218) over the three rounds played on Monday and Tuesday. Brandon McIver finished just two strokes behind Raza.

Sophomore Zach Foushee carded a 6-over 222 for the tournament and freshman Thomas Lim finished close behind with an 8-over 224. Jonathan Woo struggled the most out of the five-man group, posting a score of 17-over 233.

Oregon’s next tournament will be this weekend at The Goodwin in Palo Alto, Calif. The first round will tee off on March 28 and run until March 30.

Follow Justin Wise on Twitter @JWISE25