UO Foundation achieves record high in endowment fund

Posted by Jennica Asbury on Monday, Apr. 21 at 7:51 pm.

University of Oregon Foundation President Paul Weinhold announced today that the University of Oregon endowment has reached its highest market value, climbing to $600 million.

The University of Oregon Foundation is a non-profit corporation in charge of distributing private gifts to achieve the University of Oregon’s mission. According to Board Chair Jon Anderson, the peak in the endowment fund will allow students, faculty, and staff to obtain stable financial support for generations to come.

The University of Oregon Foundation was placed in the 16th percentile of more than 800 universities with a 13.8 percent annual rate of return. The endowment closed fiscal year 2013 at $553 million and got top-quarter returns in the National Association of College and Business Officers rankings.

“This accomplishment would not have been possible without the generosity and support of donors across the country and around the world,” Chief Investment Officer Jay Namyet said. “We would like to thank all donors and the Foundation Board of Trustees for helping reach this milestone.”

The non-profit foundation was established in 1922. The UO Foundation’s purpose is  to receive, invest and distribute private gifts to the University, and manage assets of more than $920 million.

• uomatters

That’s great news – were you able to get Paul Weinhold to say anything about the recent OUS audit, or a breakdown of the foundation’s academic and athletic spending?