Jenna Prandini earns Pac-12 athlete of week for second time this month

Jenna Prandini crosses the line with a time of 11.42 in the 100 meter dash. The University of Oregon hosts the Pepsi-Arizona Dual at Hayward Field in Eugene, Ore., on April 5, 2014 (Ryan Kang/Emerald)

Posted by Justin Wise on Tuesday, Apr. 22 at 1:20 pm.

Jenna Prandini was named the Pac-12 Women’s Track Athlete of the Week. The conference made the announcement on Tuesday. The redshirt sophomore received the honor for her performance at the Mt. SAC Relays in Walnut Creek, Calif., where she recorded the second-fastest time in the world this year with a time of 11.11 in the 100 meter.

Prandini’s mark is also the fastest wind-legal time in the NCAA this year, which moved her to second in Oregon history and to seventh all-time in Pac-12 history. She was also a part of the 4X100 team, which posted a 43.31 and tied for a world-leading time.

This is the second time that the Clovis, Calif. native has received the honor this season, having been awarded the Accolade earlier this month on April 1.

Noteworthy:

- The men’s Track and Field team moved to No. 1 in the Division I National Team Computer Rankings released by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association for the first time since 2009. The women remain No. 4 in the nation.

Follow Justin Wise on Twitter @JWISE25