Paul Reber steps down as Oregon women’s tennis coach

Oregon freshman Lina Åkesson gets some coaching from head coach Paul Reber during singles play. The Oregon Ducks play the University of South Carolina Upstate Spartans at the Student Tennis Center in Eugene, Ore. on Jan. 24, 2014. (Michael Shaw/Emerald)

Posted by Justin Wise on Monday, Apr. 28 at 10:39 am.

Paul Reber stepped down from his position as the Oregon women’s tennis head coach on Monday, the Oregon athletic department announced.

Reber ends his tenure with the Ducks after registering an overall won-loss record of 77-101 over eight seasons. The British Columbia native played his college tennis at Arizona State, where he also got his coaching career started as an assistant before coming to the University of Oregon in 2006.

“We want to thank Paul for his service and contributions to the University of Oregon and wish him well in the future,” said Director of Athletics Rob Mullens.

A national search will begin immediately to fill Reber’s position with Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director Eric Roedl, as chairman of the search committee.

Follow Justin Wise on Twitter @JWISE25