Oregon track and field honors athletes during team banquet

Oregon seniors Mike Berry, Phyllis Francis and Chizoba Okodogbe race to the finish line during the recognition ceremony for University of Oregon seniors. The University of Oregon hosts the Oregon Twilight at Hayward Field in Eugene, Ore. on May 9, 2014. (Ryan Kang/Emerald)

Posted by Christopher Keizur on Sunday, May. 25 at 4:16 pm.

Oregon track and field celebrated the season and honored individuals during the annual team banquet Sunday.

Collectively, the banquet served as a chance to revel in the program’s accomplishments this season. The Ducks swept the NCAA Indoor Championships, and notched their sixth-straight sweep of the Pac-12 Championships.

Multiple individuals were also recognized.

Laura Roesler and Phyllis Francis were presented with the Bill Bowerman Award, which is given for world-class achievement and a historical collegiate career. Both were deserving of the honor, as Roesler is the winner of 15 All-American awards while Francis is the 400-meter indoor collegiate record holder.

The Harry Ritchie Jeweler’s Award for great contribution to the track and field program was given to seniors Mac Fleet and Mike Berry. Fleet is the 2013 NCAA Outdoor 1500 meter champion while Berry has been named All-American nine times to go along with his two Pac-12 400 meter championships.

Sprinter Jenna Prandini was given the Lynne Winbigler Women’s Performer of the Year Award after her dominating performance in the Pac-12 Championships. Prandini won three events, the first woman to do so since 1999.

Chizoba Okodogbe was given the Mary Officer Award. Okodogbe has been named All-American 14 times.

Freshman distance runner Edward Cheserek won the George Scharpf Outstanding Athlete Award, given to a male athlete. Cheserek has lived up to the hype in his freshman year, winning the cross country national championship as well as winning two events in the indoor championship.

Another freshman, thrower Brittany Mann, won the Harry Ritchie’s Inspirational Award, which goes to the female athlete who best inspires their teammates.

The award for most inspiring male athlete, the Dow Wilson Inspirational Award, went to Dakotah Keys, Greg Skipper and Trevor Dunbar.

Another award that was shared amongst teammates was the Perry Holloman Newcomer of the Year Award. The honor was split between Cheserek, Devon Allen, Jasmine Todd and Sasha Wallace.

Cheserek won a third award for his work during the cross country season, earning the Bill Dellinger Cross Country Award. Megan Patrignelli also won a cross country award for women’s athlete, the Tom Heinonen award.

Lauren Crockett and Parker Stinson were given the Coaches Award, which recognizes athletic achievement, dedication and determination.

A final award on Sunday went to Historic Hayward field public address announcer Paul Swangard. Swangard was given the University of Oregon Track and Field Hall of Fame Award after his nearly 20 years of service.

Follow Christopher Keizur on Twitter @chriskeizur