Felecia Mulkey leaves Oregon acrobatics and tumbling to become head coach at Baylor

Oregon head coach Felecia Mulkey talks to her team as they wait to hear the final results. The Ducks host Quinnipiac and Azusa Pacific in a tri-meet at Matthew Knight Arena on Monday, March 10. (Michael Shaw/Emerald)

Posted by Joseph Hoyt on Tuesday, Jun. 3 at 4:16 pm.

After defeating Azusa Pacific in the 2014 National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association (NCATA) National Championship this past April, Oregon head coach Felecia Mulkey commented on the immediate future of the program.

“I think we are in a great spot and we have a great core group moving forward,” Mulkey told GoDucks.com. “We’ll be stronger next year, believe it or not.”

Mulkey, it turns out, will not be a part of that core group heading into 2015.

According to Baylor University athletic director Ian McCaw, Mulkey is leaving Oregon and has accepted a position to become the  next head coach at Baylor.

“I am truly excited to be taking this next step in my coaching career,” Mulkey told the Baylor athletic department. “It’s a chance for me to move closer to my family and to assume the reins of an established program and take it to the next level. I enjoyed an amazing five years at Oregon but am eager to accept this challenge. I am extremely impressed with the commitment and support of the Baylor administration on all levels for the Acrobatics & Tumbling program and its student-athletes.”

The search for Mulkey’s replacement at Oregon will begin immediately, according to the Oregon athletic department.

In her five years as head coach at Oregon, Mulkey complied a 43-3 record and won four NCATA National Championships.

Follow Joseph Hoyt on twitter @jhoyt42