Oregon track and field named 19 to All-Academic Teams

The Oregon men's track and field team jump in unison for a photo opportunity after winning the championship in men's track and field. The University of Oregon hosts day four of the NCAA 2014 Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Hayward Field in Eugene, Oregon on June 14, 2014. (Ryan Kang/Emerald)

Posted by Christopher Keizur on Thursday, Jun. 19 at 2:46 pm.

Oregon track and field celebrated 19 of their student athletes as they were named to the Pac-12 All-Academic teams, the conference announced Thursday.

In total 11 Duck women and eight men were honored for their achievements in the classroom as students.

Distance runner Casey Campbell was named to the Pac-12 All-Academic First team. Campbell currently has a 3.61 GPA and is working toward a degree in architecture.

T.J. Brassil (3.63, journalism), Tim Costin (3.44, general business) and Bradley Laubacher (3.60, family and human services) all were named to the second team on the men’s side, while Ally Aschbacher (3.75, material and product studies) and Annie Leblanc (3.81, human physiology) were named to the second team for the women.

The women’s team also had nine honorable mentions: Laura Bobek, Lauren Crockett, Brittany Mann, Ashley Maton, Megan Patrignelli, Jenna Prandini, Laura Roesler, Rachel Sherrel and Annie Whitfield.

The men had four honorable mentions of their own: Ron Perkins, Parker Stinson, Trent Warren and Daniel Winn.

Follow Christopher Keizur on Twitter @chriskeizur