Four-Star small forward Dillon Brooks commits to Oregon

Posted by Hayden Kim on Sunday, Aug. 17 at 7:54 pm.

Dana Altman can rest a little easier now that ESPN four-star guard/forward Dillon Brooks announced his commitment to the University of Oregon Sunday evening. The prospect out of the renown Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nevada, chose Oregon over Maryland, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and others.

Brooks, who was originally projected to be a part of the 2015 class, intends to reclassify and enroll in college for the upcoming season. This is good news considering the Ducks only have a few scholarship athletes remaining.

The 6-foot-7, 205-pound freshman and top 50 prospect will be looking to fill the void of Damyean Dotson presumably at the three spot. With Ray Konsongo deciding to go elsewhere and JaQuan Lyle yet to be cleared, Brooks’ commit comes at an opportune time. 

He was ranked 12th by ESPN at his position. 

At the FIBA Americas U18 Championships, Brooks led all scorers with an average of 25.2 points per game. Before his recent hot streak, Brooks averaged 8.4 points and 3.1 rebounds per game at Findlay Prep last season alongside Kansas freshman Kelly Oubre, UNLV freshman Rashad Vaughn and 2016 point guard Derryck Thornton. 

Brooks joins a class with Lyle, Casey Benson and Ahmaad Rorie. 

Follow Hayden Kim on Twitter @HayDayKim

• Michael P. Richards

Finally good news from MBB! MBB should take a look at the PR from the new coach and assistants for WBB and get some positive news out of facebook, twitter…