College Gameday heading to Eugene for Michigan State matchup

Duck fans hailing from Roseburg, OR. Karna Jo and John Free cheer on the Ducks in their "Grateful Duck" attire.The No. 3 Oregon Ducks play the South Dakota Coyotes at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon on Aug. 30, 2014. (Dominic Allen/Emerald)

Posted by Justin Wise on Saturday, Aug. 30 at 10:07 pm.

College Gameday is making what seems to be its annual trip to Eugene, Oregon next Saturday for the  matchup between Oregon and Michigan State. The announcement was made via the College Gameday twitter feed while the Ducks’ contest versus South Dakota was underway.

No. 8 Michigan State and No. 3 Oregon game is the only non-conference matchup featuring teams that rank in the top ten this year.

Michigan State comes to Eugene following its dismantling of Jacksonville State 45-7 on Friday night.

Follow Justin Wise on Twitter @JWISE25

• Michael Oaks

I just hope the ducks defense plays a lot better against the Spartans. The ducks pass defense is not what it should be given all the hype we heard before this season. Please ducks sharpen up or it could be a long afternoon.