Topic: AP Top 25

Oregon, behind Florida St. and Alabama, will start season ranked third in AP top 25

By on Sunday, Aug. 17 at 11:27 am.

Just under two weeks away from its season opener against South Dakota St., Oregon received its positioning atop the Associated Press top 25, sitting at No. 3 in the country. Receiving 1,334 points, the Ducks come in behind No. 1 Florida St. and No. 2 Alabama. Oregon, who was ranked fourth in the Amway Coaches […]

Emerald Roundtable: Oregon men’s basketball heads to Arizona for crucial two games

By on Thursday, Feb. 6 at 10:39 am.

Every week during men’s basketball season, our sports staff will discuss different topics surrounding an upcoming game(s). Today, sports reporters Hayden Kim, Madison Guernsey and Ryan Kostecka discuss tonight’s matchup between Oregon and Arizona and Saturday’s game between the Ducks and Arizona State. 1) How crucial is this Arizona road trip for Oregon’s NCAA tournament hopes? […]

Oregon men’s basketball falls seven spots in AP poll after first loss of season

By on Monday, Jan. 6 at 11:36 am.

The Oregon men’s basketball team’s place in the Associated Press top 10 was short-lived. The Ducks (13-1, 1-1 Pac-12) moved up from No. 12 to No. 10 last week but dropped seven spots to No. 17 this week after their 100-91 loss at Colorado Sunday night. Oregon’s previous game likely didn’t help their ranking, either. […]

Oregon men’s basketball climbs one spot to No. 12 in latest AP top 25 poll

By on Monday, Dec. 23 at 12:50 pm.

The Oregon men’s basketball team narrowly remained undefeated this past week after beating BYU 100-95 in overtime on Saturday. With that victory and the 91-63 drubbing of UC Irvine on Dec. 17, the Ducks (11-0) were rewarded with a No. 12 ranking in Monday’s Associated Press Top 25 poll. Oregon was ranked No. 13 in […]

Oregon men’s basketball falls to No. 15 in week six AP poll, Arizona claims No. 1

By on Monday, Dec. 9 at 1:05 pm.

The Oregon men’s basketball team slipped to No. 15 in the latest Associated Press poll, despite picking up a win over Ole Miss on Sunday to maintain their undefeated record (8-0). The Ducks did need overtime to overcome Marshall Henderson and the Rebels, which might’ve caused voters to drop them below last week’s No. 13 […]

College football AP poll- Alabama, Oregon and FSU remain top 3

By on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 11:31 am.

There was plenty of movement in this week’s AP top 25. All but seven teams’ ranking changed and two new schools entered the top 25. The top four remain unchanged with Alabama again receiving the majority of first-place votes (55). Oregon is second with three first-place votes, and Florida State was granted the other two […]

Week six college football polls: Georgia, Oklahoma jump three spots while LSU slides to No. 10

By on Sunday, Sep. 29 at 12:22 pm.

The most recent college football AP poll was released Sunday morning after another exciting weekend around the nation. The top five remained unchanged, with Alabama staying as college football’s number one, receiving 55 first-place votes, one less than last week. Oregon is second and picked up the other five first-place votes, gaining one from the […]

Ducks will face Bay Area schools with high expectations but no Dominic Artis

By on Monday, Jan. 28 at 9:02 pm.

It has been almost exactly six years since Oregon basketball has seen a ranking inside the top 10. No current Duck player, coach or even Athletic Director remains from a 2007 squad that achieved a ninth-place mark in late January years ago. Oregon’s third-year head coach Dana Altman has been ranked inside the top ten, […]

Ducks No. 1 in AP and USA Today Coaches polls, No. 2 in BCS rankings

By on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 6:18 pm.

The beating hearts think Oregon is the number one football program in the country, but the computers aren’t as convinced, placing the Ducks second in the BCS standings. Kansas State claims the top spot in the race for the BCS National Championship after Alabama’s loss, with the Ducks checking in at the second spot and […]