Topic: J.J. Altobelli

Emerald Roundtable: Oregon baseball starts off the season in Hawaii

By on Friday, Feb. 14 at 11:24 am.

Every week during baseball season, our sports staff will discuss various topics surrounding an upcoming Oregon series. Today, Emerald digital sport editor Victor Flores and sports reporters Andrew Bantly and Chris Mosch discuss the Ducks’ 2014 outlook and their season-opening series against Hawaii in Honolulu. The first game starts tonight at 8:35 p.m. PT. 1) […]

Poor early pitching ends a promising season for Oregon baseball

By on Tuesday, Jun. 4 at 1:13 pm.

With their backs against the wall, both coaches made a risky gamble with their starting pitching choices for the Eugene Regional championship game. For Rice head coach Wayne Graham, it paid off. For George Horton and the Ducks, the gamble was season-ending as the Ducks fell to the Owls 11-4 in the regional championship game. […]

No. 16 Oregon baseball finishes off two-game sweep of Texas State

By on Thursday, Mar. 14 at 1:08 pm.

In their final tune-up before Pac-12 play begins this weekend, Oregon came alive offensively for a 10-4 win against Texas State to sweep the two game series. Oregon trailed early after the Bobcats scored three runs off Cole Wiper in the second inning, chasing the freshman from the mound after just two innings of work, but the […]

Oregon baseball completes sweep of Hawaii, Jeff Gold hurt

By on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 3:05 pm.

The No. 15 Ducks started off their season in Hawaii this week and notched a four-game sweep of the Rainbow Warriors. After taking the first three games of the series, Oregon started off the afternoon down 1-0, but their bats would rally for a 4-2 win with J.J. Altobelli responsible for RBI singles in back-to-back innings. […]