Topic: oregon ducks baseball

Ducks baseball benefits from errors, timely hitting to rally late and beat Xavier 11-8 in extra innings

By on Sunday, Jun. 1 at 4:15 pm.

The Oregon baseball season isn’t done yet. Facing a two-run deficit with one out in the ninth, the Ducks rallied to tie Xavier at 8 and won 11-8 an inning later, advancing to face Vanderbilt tonight at 5 p.m. In the ninth, Kyle Garlick singled to score Mitchell Tolman, who reached base on an error […]

Ducks baseball hosts California to close out regular season

By on Thursday, May. 22 at 1:18 pm.

Winners of their last five games, the Oregon baseball team concludes the regular season at home against California beginning tonight. For the Ducks (41-16, 17-10 Pac-12), the series may look fairly meaningless on paper, as they’ve all but locked up a postseason berth. However, a sweep would put them in position to host a regional. […]

Oregon baseball takes on UCLA in final road series of season

By on Friday, May. 16 at 10:47 am.

The Oregon baseball team travels to southern California this weekend to play defending College World Series champion UCLA for a three-game series. The Ducks (36-16, 14-10 Pac-12) lost two out of three to Arizona State in their last Pac-12 matchup last weekend, resulting in a tie for third place in the conference standings. UCLA (23-26-1, […]

Four errors lead to three runs as Oregon baseball beats Arizona State 5-4

By on Friday, May. 9 at 10:52 pm.

Mitchell Tolman’s fifth inning triple combined with Arizona State’s three errors and 10 runners left on base helped Oregon (36-14, 14-8 Pac-12) beat ASU (24-21, 12-10) 5-4 in the first game of a three-game series Friday night in Tempe, Ariz. Tolman carried the Ducks offensively with three RBIs and two runs scored and Josh Graham […]

Oregon State outlasts Oregon baseball 4-3 in extra innings battle

By on Wednesday, May. 7 at 1:53 am.

It took extra innings to decide the mid-week Civil War baseball game, and it was decided on a 12th inning Jeff Hendrix sac fly off Jordan Spencer, Oregon’s seventh pitcher of the night. The Beavers won 4-3. Both teams had opportunities to score before extra play began, but timely pitching and defense kept the score […]

Oregon State surrenders just one hit, defeats Oregon baseball 7-1 to complete the sweep

By on Sunday, Apr. 27 at 5:35 pm.

The Oregon baseball team (31-13, 10-8 Pac-12) tallied one hit off of Oregon State (31-8, 14-4) starting pitcher Jace Fry and lost 7-1, giving the Beavers a sweep of the Ducks in the three-game set at Goss Stadium in Corvallis this weekend. Fry (8-1) recorded 11 strikeouts over eight innings of work and allowed three […]

Clutch hitting gives Oregon baseball 6-3 win over Washington State

By on Friday, Apr. 18 at 10:19 pm.

Jeff Gold tied the NCAA lead for victories (9-0) as No. 23 Oregon baseball bested Washington State 6-3 with clutch two-out hitting. Five of Oregon’s six runs came with two outs, started by Steven Packard’s perfectly executed bunt with two outs to score Mitchell Tolman in the fourth. After Shaun Chase walked to load the […]

Oregon baseball hosts UC Riverside for three-game series this weekend

By on Friday, Apr. 11 at 12:51 am.

Oregon baseball (24-10, 7-5 Pac-12) hosts UC Riverside (14-14, 3-3 Big West) this weekend at PK Park for a three-game series. The Ducks are coming off a two-game sweep of Portland and play each of their next four games against non-conference opponents. The major question that’s being asked around Oregon baseball is, “who will replace […]

Oregon baseball: Ducks’ bullpen holds Gonzaga in 3-2 win

By on Wednesday, Apr. 2 at 12:26 pm.

The Oregon baseball team (20-8) won in familiar fashion Tuesday night, relying on manufacturing runs and strong pitching to beat Gonzaga (10-17) 3-2 in the first game of a mid-week two-game series. Mitchell Tolman went 2-for-4 and A.J. Balta and J.B. Bryant had an RBI apiece. Starting pitcher Jordan Spencer threw three shutout innings, allowing […]

Oregon baseball: Oregon looks uncomfortable at plate in 8-4 loss to San Francisco

By on Wednesday, Mar. 26 at 11:35 am.

The No. 11 Oregon baseball team wasn’t much of a factor offensively against the San Francisco Dons on Tuesday. The Ducks looked sluggish and tired. But head coach George Horton wouldn’t allow his players to make excuses, giving most of the credit to the Dons. In the city by the bay, the Ducks had the […]

Oregon baseball: Senior Connor Hofmann asks for release from team

By on Wednesday, Mar. 26 at 11:24 am.

Senior outfielder Connor Hofmann has asked for his release from the Oregon baseball team, according to head coach George Horton. The San Diego, Calif., native is in his fourth year with the Ducks. Before his request for a release, Hofmann was hitting .222 (6-for-27) with five RBIs and two runs scored on the season. “He […]

Oregon baseball: Ducks beat USC 7-2 in rubber game to win series

By on Sunday, Mar. 16 at 6:26 pm.

The Oregon baseball team (14-5, 2-1 Pac-12) beat USC (10-8, 1-2) 7-2 Sunday afternoon to win its first Pac-12 series of the season. Starting pitcher Jeff Gold was excellent, throwing 6.2 innings and giving up two earned runs on six hits with no walks and six strikeouts. Tyler Baumgartner went 2-for-5 with three RBI. Nick […]

Oregon baseball: With solid Sunday performance, Jeff Gold might have solidified starting job

By on Sunday, Mar. 9 at 4:55 pm.

On a cloudy and, at times, rainy day at PK Park, the Oregon baseball team scored the most runs in program history since its reinstatement in 2009, beating Ohio State 20-4. In four innings the Ducks scored four or more runs, including a seven-run third inning. This was all backing up Jeff Gold, who made […]

Oregon baseball: Tommy Thorpe with huge bounce-back effort in win

By on Saturday, Mar. 8 at 3:14 am.

Oregon head baseball coach George Horton said Tommy Thorpe needed to “show up” earlier this week after the ace got shelled in his last start. Thorpe did that and more in a dominant performance in Oregon’s 8-2 win over Ohio State Friday night. The junior southpaw tossed seven shutout innings, giving up just two hits […]

Oregon baseball: Ducks win game two 4-3 over Seattle, sweep short series

By on Tuesday, Mar. 4 at 11:22 pm.

Tyler Baumgartner’s eighth inning RBI double was the difference in the Oregon baseball team’s 4-3 win over Seattle University in the second game of Tuesday’s doubleheader. The Ducks struggled to convert with runners in scoring position all night, leaving 11 men on base. Baumgartner drove in Mark Karaviotis from second with two outs to break […]