Topic: Oregon men’s basketball

Four Factors: Oregon men’s basketball at Arizona State

By on Friday, Jan. 30 at 11:40 am.

The Four Factors: • Field goal percentage (eFG): Regular field goal percentage with additional weight given to three-pointers • Turnover rate (TOV): Measurement of ball security • Rebounding percentage (Reb): Percentage of the possible rebounds an offense or defense collects • Free throw rate (FTR): Rate at which a team gets to the foul line, or […]

No. 6 Arizona cruises to a 90-56 win over Oregon men’s basketball

By on Wednesday, Jan. 28 at 10:10 pm.

No. 6 Arizona buried the Oregon men’s basketball team with an explosive 19-4 run in the second half to coast to a 90-56 victory on Wednesday night in Tucson. After trailing by 15 at halftime, Oregon (14-7, 4-4) cut the Wildcats’ lead down to 10 points with 13:06 left to play. Arizona (19-2, 7-1) head coach […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Oregon men’s basketball, track and field win big

By on Monday, Jan. 26 at 12:27 pm.

- Oregon men’s basketball used a scorching hot first half to bury the visiting UCLA Bruins 82-64 on Saturday. – The Ducks’ women’s basketball team forced overtime against Arizona, but fell just short of picking up a Pac-12 win 81-78. – Katelyn Loper welcomes change for the better with head coach Kelly Graves at the […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Oregon football eying first-ever national championship

By on Monday, Jan. 12 at 1:30 pm.

-Oregon football will play in the first-ever College Football Playoff Championship game against Ohio State in Arlington, Texas at AT&T Stadium tonight. The kickoff is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. PST on ESPN. The Ducks were seeded as the No. 2 team in the final four. Ohio State was placed at the No. 4 position. Oregon beat […]

Oregon not quite ready for conference-best Arizona, T.J. McConnell has field day

By on Thursday, Jan. 8 at 10:33 pm.

From the get-go, it was Arizona’s game to lose. Even on the road, the No. 7 ranked Wildcats (14-1, 2-0 Pac-12) held every advantage and put them to use against an untested Oregon (11-4, 1-1 Pac-12) team. Sure, the Ducks held their own against ranked opponents like VCU and Michigan earlier in the year, but […]

Oregon still looking for consistency as non-conference season ends and Pac-12 play begins

By on Monday, Dec. 29 at 11:08 pm.

After everything the Ducks have been through — from the tumultuous offseason to returning just three players with any real playing time — Oregon should be very pleased to be standing at 10-3 at the end of the preseason schedule. The only person who doesn’t seemed pleased is Ducks head coach Dana Altman. Altman, one […]

Oregon survives OT thriller against UCSB, wins 82-78

By on Monday, Dec. 22 at 10:57 pm.

Dana Altman looked exhausted following Oregon’s 82-78 overtime win over visiting University of California Santa Barbara. Altman, who had been stressing the importance of finishing out the non-conference schedule strong, knew how tough their two remaining games would be, and tonight, his team found out why the hard way. Without big time plays from Casey […]

Oregon tries new lineup against Delaware State, still looking for answers

By on Saturday, Dec. 20 at 2:47 pm.

Dana Altman had enough with the bad starts. Even with a 7-3 record heading into their matchup with visiting Delaware State, Altman said he was planning to switch things up. Today, he started Casey Benson, Jordan Bell and Jalil Abdul-Bassit, all newcomers to the starting five. These five ended up giving the Ducks (8-3) the […]

Joseph Young’s complete performance leads Oregon past Cal State Northridge

By on Wednesday, Dec. 17 at 10:33 pm.

Joseph Young did everything right Wednesday night as he led Oregon (7-3) past visiting Cal State Northridge 79-56. After struggling from the floor for the past few games, Young shot efficiently and filled up the stat sheet. Young finished with a game-high 18 points along with eight rebounds and four assists as he went 7-for-14 […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Volleyball falls, Mariota rises to the spotlight

By on Monday, Dec. 15 at 12:53 pm.

- Marcus Mariota had a memorable weekend, bringing home a plethora of awards including the Heisman trophy, becoming the first Duck to ever win the trophy. Check out the Emerald’s feature piece on Mariota here. – After dropping its Sweet 16 matchup to North Carolina, Oregon volleyball’s season has come to a close. The Emerald’s Kenny […]

Oregon men’s basketball picks up first road win, defeats Illinois 77-70

By on Saturday, Dec. 13 at 6:55 pm.

On a night that centered around Oregon’s first-ever Heisman trophy winner, their men’s basketball team also had something to be happy about. Defeating Illinois on the road 77-70, the Ducks improved to 6-3 on the season. In a game that remained close until the final few minutes, there were two names that stood out: Dillon […]

Oregon basketball downs Concordia 94-63

By on Wednesday, Dec. 3 at 10:21 pm.

The Oregon men’s basketball team used some of its depth to overcome another slow start and defeat Concordia 94-63 on Wednesday night at Matthew Knight Arena. Five Ducks finished in double-figures and the team shot 52.5 percent (42-80) on the night in the lopsided matchup, but a sloppy start gave Oregon (5-2) head coach Dana Altman plenty […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Postseason play up next for Oregon fall sports

By on Monday, Dec. 1 at 11:18 am.

– After Arizona emerged as the Pac-12 south champion, Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich spoke with the media about having to break the team’s two-year skid against the Wildcats with a playoff bid and a conference championship on the line. – Oregon’s dominant Civil War victory proved that the team is hitting its stride at the […]

Behind Jordan Bell’s career night, Oregon men’s basketball hands Portland State its first loss

By on Monday, Dec. 1 at 12:58 am.

There was a lot to like for Dana Altman and his staff as the Oregon men’s basketball (4-2) took down visiting Portland State (4-1) 81-59, a team who recently beat USC on the road. Coming off back-to-back losses to Michigan and VCU in the Progressive Legends Classic, the Ducks hit their first roadblock of the […]

Jalil Abdul-Bassit is playing well and making opponents notice

By on Sunday, Nov. 30 at 8:16 pm.

With 1:52 seconds left on the clock in the first half, Jalil Abdul-Bassit came off a screen and caught a pass from Joseph Young. Without even thinking and without his feet being set, Abdul-Bassit rose off the ground and fired a contested three-pointer. If this same situation last year would’ve happened, Abdul-Bassit would’ve been immediately […]