Topic: Oregon men’s basketball

Progressive Legends Classic: Oregon men’s basketball falls to No. 19 Michigan, but not without a fight

By on Monday, Nov. 24 at 9:49 pm.

On paper, the Oregon men’s basketball team had little to no advantages heading into their semifinals matchup at the Progressive Legends Classic against No. 19 Michigan. For the first time this season, the Ducks were on the road and it was under the big lights as they faced off at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, […]

Oregon men’s basketball prepares for early season challenge against Toledo

By on Wednesday, Nov. 19 at 7:47 pm.

Dana Altman called Oregon’s next three games the toughest stretch he’s had to face at Oregon. The Ducks face Toledo at Matthew Knight Arena on Friday before heading to Brooklyn to face No. 24 Michigan, then No. 12 Villanova or No. 15 VCU to finish up the Progressive Legends Classic. Each team will present a unique […]

ICYMI: Oregon men’s basketball overcomes Young’s off night against Detroit

By on Tuesday, Nov. 18 at 7:12 pm.

Oregon men’s basketball got its first taste of adversity in game one of the Progressive Legends Classic as the Ducks topped Detroit 83-66 on Monday night at Matthew Knight Arena. After ending the first half at a 35-35 tie, the Ducks (2-0) used an 11-0 advantage in second chance points to separate from the Titans […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Joseph Young added to preseason Top 50 list, women’s tennis sign top recruit

By on Monday, Nov. 17 at 7:21 pm.

- Today, Oregon men’s basketball’s Joseph Young was added to the preseason Top 50 list for the John R. Wooden Award. The senior had  had 32 points, eight assists and five rebounds in the Ducks’ first game. – Oregon women’s tennis coach Alison Silverio announced the signing of another five-star recruit today. The team signed Rebekah Anderson, […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Oregon football ranked No. 2 heading into home stretch

By on Wednesday, Nov. 12 at 3:48 pm.

- The Oregon football team walked out of Rice-Eccles Stadium with another notable win against then No. 20 Utah. They were rewarded with a No. 2 ranking by the 12-person playoff selection committee. – The Oregon men’s basketball team will officially begin their regular season against Coppin State this Friday. Josh Schlichter of the Emerald had a […]

Gameday: Pac-12 basketball Power Rankings

By on Monday, Nov. 10 at 10:42 am.

A few years ago, the Pac-12 conference was looked upon as one of the nation’s most talented and deepest men’s basketball conferences. A lot has changed over the years and entering the 2014-2015 season, the conference’s talent outlook has never seemed bleaker. With only two teams being ranked in the AP preseason top-25, the conference’s depth […]

Q&A: Life after basketball: Johnathan Loyd sheds insight onto reconstructed Oregon men’s basketball team

By on Monday, Nov. 10 at 5:46 pm.

For the first time in four years, Johnathan Loyd won’t be lacing up for the Oregon men’s basketball team. As the newly reconstructed Ducks head into the season, Loyd, currently a member of the Oregon football team, took a moment to shed some insight on the upcoming season and what to expect from the new players. Here’s […]

Led by Joseph Young, Oregon men’s basketball tries to regroup

By on Monday, Nov. 10 at 12:02 am.

A lot has changed for Oregon men’s basketball since it played Wisconsin in the second round of the NCAA tournament last year. That game forecasted a promising future for the program. Fifth-year coach Dana Altman had successfully assembled a talented roster with players like Damyean Dotson and Dominic Artis – who are both now gone […]

Three takeaways from Oregon men’s basketball’s first two exhibition games

By on Sunday, Nov. 9 at 10:19 pm.

Oregon emerged from its two exhibitions unscathed, but there are still plenty of questions surrounding the team that can only be answered by increased competition. The Ducks beat Northwest Christian 101-69 to open the year, then beat Western Oregon 104-55 on Sunday night and were really never challenged in either of the match ups. Oregon led […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Oregon football heads to Levi Stadium, men’s basketball prepares for upcoming season

By on Friday, Oct. 24 at 12:24 pm.

- The Oregon men’s basketball just made their appearance at the yearly Pac-12 Media Day. Dana Altman and Joseph Young had the following to say. – When the Oregon football team takes the field against California tonight, you’ll likely see Charles Nelson donning his No. 6 jersey on special teams. What you didn’t know is […]

Pac-12 Media Day: Oregon men’s basketball looking to remain positive heading into the season

By on Thursday, Oct. 23 at 4:37 pm.

A lot has changed for the Oregon men’s basketball team since playing Wisconsin in round two of the NCAA tournament last year. With the departure of Damyean Dotson, Brandon Austin and Dominic Artis amid the alleged sexual assault case, the Ducks are in full rebuilding mode. On top of all of this, five-star recruit JaQuan […]

LGBTQ inclusion in sports at UO subject of Jaqua event

By on Wednesday, Oct. 22 at 10:23 pm.

Imagine living life attempting to hide part of your identity. For some, this is a reality. “The unfortunate truth is that coaches, athletes and administrators remain closeted as retaliation, bullying and career sabotage serve as constant threats to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people,” said Nevin Caple, a nationally renowned consultant on LGBTQ inclusion in […]

Kim: JaQuan Lyle’s departure leaves Oregon back at square one

By on Sunday, Oct. 5 at 1:53 pm.

Heading into the 2014-2015 season, freshman guard JaQuan Lyle was the beacon of hope for the Oregon men’s basketball team. The 6-foot-4 guard was a five-star prospect out of the acclaimed Huntington Prep in West Virginia and had a strong chance of becoming a starter. After losing Jason Calliste, Mike Moser and the trio of […]

Former Oregon guard Dominic Artis enrolls at junior college

By on Thursday, Sep. 4 at 3:19 pm.

According to Brad Winton of JuCoRecruiting.com, former Oregon guard Dominic Artis will be attending the 2014-2015 school year at Diablo Valley College. The junior college is located in the Bay Area in California where Artis is originally from.  Former Oregon point guard Dominic Artis will practice with Diablo Valley College this season and head back division […]

Four-Star small forward Dillon Brooks commits to Oregon

By on Sunday, Aug. 17 at 7:54 pm.

Dana Altman can rest a little easier now that ESPN four-star guard/forward Dillon Brooks announced his commitment to the University of Oregon Sunday evening. The prospect out of the renown Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nevada, chose Oregon over Maryland, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and others. Brooks, who was originally projected to be a part of the 2015 […]

Raw video: Jonathan Loyd says he “shot a few air balls” last time he played basketball

By on Wednesday, Aug. 6 at 5:01 pm.

After making the leap from hardwood to turf fields, wide receiver Jonathan Loyd has begun to ease into his new role on the team. With the beginning of Fall Camp underway, Loyd has expressed being more comfortable. Loyd did admit however, that his new training regimen/weight has made it difficult to shoot a basketball after taking […]

ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reports Brandon Austin to play at Northwest Florida

By on Thursday, Jul. 24 at 4:13 pm.

After recently being denied admittance into Hutchinson Community College, ESPN’s Jeff Goodman has reported that former Oregon men’s basketball player Brandon Austin is headed to Northwest Florida State College. Former Providence and Oregon forward Brandon Austin has been accepted to Northwest Florida, the school told ESPN. — Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) July 24, 2014 While attending Providence, […]