Topic: Oregon men’s basketball

Former Oregon guard Dominic Artis enrolls at junior college

By on Thursday, Sep. 4 at 3:19 pm.

According to Brad Winton of JuCoRecruiting.com, former Oregon guard Dominic Artis will be attending the 2014-2015 school year at Diablo Valley College. The junior college is located in the Bay Area in California where Artis is originally from.  Former Oregon point guard Dominic Artis will practice with Diablo Valley College this season and head back division […]

Four-Star small forward Dillon Brooks commits to Oregon

By on Sunday, Aug. 17 at 7:54 pm.

Dana Altman can rest a little easier now that ESPN four-star guard/forward Dillon Brooks announced his commitment to the University of Oregon Sunday evening. The prospect out of the renown Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nevada, chose Oregon over Maryland, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and others. Brooks, who was originally projected to be a part of the 2015 […]

Raw video: Jonathan Loyd says he “shot a few air balls” last time he played basketball

By on Wednesday, Aug. 6 at 5:01 pm.

After making the leap from hardwood to turf fields, wide receiver Jonathan Loyd has begun to ease into his new role on the team. With the beginning of Fall Camp underway, Loyd has expressed being more comfortable. Loyd did admit however, that his new training regimen/weight has made it difficult to shoot a basketball after taking […]

ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reports Brandon Austin to play at Northwest Florida

By on Thursday, Jul. 24 at 4:13 pm.

After recently being denied admittance into Hutchinson Community College, ESPN’s Jeff Goodman has reported that former Oregon men’s basketball player Brandon Austin is headed to Northwest Florida State College. Former Providence and Oregon forward Brandon Austin has been accepted to Northwest Florida, the school told ESPN. — Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) July 24, 2014 While attending Providence, […]

Former UO basketball player Brandon Austin not admitted into Hutchinson Community College

By on Thursday, Jul. 17 at 10:06 pm.

Former Oregon men’s basketball player Brandon Austin will not be admitted into Hutchinson Community College in Kansas, the Hutchinson athletic department confirmed to The Emerald Thursday morning. ESPN’s Jeff Goodman first reported the news, saying the school president made the final decision. Former Oregon and Providence player Brandon Austin will not be admitted to Hutchinson […]

Brandon Austin not charged for alleged sexual assault in Providence, according to lawyer

By on Wednesday, Jul. 16 at 11:31 am.

Former Oregon men’s basketball player Brandon Austin has not been charged with allegedly sexually assaulting a woman in November while he attended Providence College, according to Austin’s lawyer, Laura Fine Moro. Fine Moro said a grand jury declined to indict both Austin and his roommate, Rodney Bullock, who was also allegedly involved in the November assault. “The grand […]

Q&A: Former Oregon basketball player Mike Moser provides insight on life in NBA Summer League

By on Tuesday, Jul. 15 at 10:09 am.

Just months after his college career ended at the University of Oregon, forward Mike Moser has made the jump to the NBA Summer League. After going undrafted in this year’s draft, Moser has averaged 13.0 (PPG) and 3.5 (RPG) for the Boston Celtics through his first four games. He hopes to earn a spot on […]

Hutchinson Community College says reports of Brandon Austin’s transfer are not true “right now”

By on Tuesday, Jul. 15 at 10:41 am.

The Hutchinson Community College athletic department refuted reports that former Oregon men’s basketball player Brandon Austin would transfer to the Kansas community college. “There’s no story,” Hutchinson head men’s basketball coach Steve Eck told The Emerald, reflecting what he told The Register-Guard earlier this afternoon. “There’s no truth to that right now.” Eck said Austin is interested in […]

Attorney for survivor of alleged Oregon men’s basketball sexual assault responds to statement from players’ lawyers

By on Wednesday, Jun. 25 at 12:50 pm.

John Clune, the attorney for the survivor of the alleged sexual assault committed by three Oregon men’s basketball players in March, sent The Emerald a response to the statement released Tuesday night by the three players’ lawyers. Clune’s statement came less than two hours after the statement from the players’ lawyers, who are Shaun McCrea, Laura Fine […]

Attorneys for Dotson, Artis and Austin release joint statement critical of UO’s actions in rape case

By on Thursday, Jun. 26 at 8:41 pm.

The attorneys for the three Oregon men’s basketball players suspended from the university for at least four years, released a joint statement to The Emerald on Tuesday night. Shaun McCrea represents Damyean Dotson, Laura Fine Moro represents Brandon Austin and Greg Veralrud — who released a statement of his own Monday night — represents Dominic Artis. […]

Dotson, Artis, Austin suspended from UO for at least four years

By on Tuesday, Jun. 24 at 10:15 am.

Former Oregon men’s basketball players Damyean Dotson, Dominic Artis and Brandon Austin have been found responsible for sexual misconduct violating the University of Oregon student conduct code and will be suspended from the school for at least four years, attorney John Clune told The Emerald Monday morning. Clune represents the survivor of a sexual assault […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Former Oregon coach and AD Mike Bellotti named College Football Hall of Fame

By on Friday, May. 23 at 12:40 pm.

- Former Oregon football coach and athletic director Mike Bellotti was named to the College Football Hall of Fame Thursday. Bellotti headed the Ducks football program from 1995-2008, winning two Pac-10 championships with a 116-55 overall record. Bellotti is one of two coaches selected to the hall of fame among the class of 16, who […]

Q&A: Oregon basketball recruit JaQuan Lyle discusses relationships with Dana Altman and Damyean Dotson

By on Friday, May. 16 at 12:27 pm.

The dismissal of three Oregon basketball players last week following their alleged sexual assault leaves the Ducks with just four scholarship players, two junior college transfers and three high school recruits. Anchoring the latter group is four-star recruit JaQuan Lyle. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound guard from Huntington Prep said he will come to Eugene this summer and hasn’t wavered despite everything that has […]

Recap: Altman will return to Oregon men’s basketball, Dotson, Artis and Austin will not

By on Monday, May. 12 at 10:40 am.

Following the Eugene Police Department’s release of a report detailing the alleged rape of a University of Oregon student by three members of the men’s basketball team, President Michael Gottfredson announced on May 9 that Damyean Dotson, Dominic Artis and Brandon Austin “will not play basketball at Oregon again.” Dana Altman will remain as the […]

Oregon men’s basketball coach Dana Altman addresses rape allegations against Dotson, Austin, Artis, “very disappointed in the players”

By on Saturday, May. 10 at 12:00 pm.

Oregon men’s basketball head coach Dana Altman spoke to the media Friday afternoon about the sexual assault allegations against basketball players Damyean Dotson, Brandon Austin and Dominic Artis. It was Altman’s first appearance since the allegations came to light on May 5. “I am very disappointed in the three young men,” Altman said. Altman said […]

District attorney drops investigation of Oregon’s Damyean Dotson for forcible rape, Dominic Artis and Brandon Austin named in report

By on Tuesday, May. 6 at 11:13 am.

Editor’s note: The report includes graphic details regarding the incident. Former Oregon basketball players Damyean Dotson, Dominic Artis and Brandon Austin were suspended from team activities following the release of a Eugene Police Department report detailing an alleged rape that involved the three men. For the full story, check out our topics page. Update: A previous version […]

Take a Knee: Arik Armstead discusses his offseason, basketball and Johnathan Loyd

By on Friday, Apr. 18 at 3:33 pm.

Oregon defensive lineman Arik Armstead played for the men’s basketball team as recently this past season, but in late January, he decided to leave the team to focus on football. Armstead, who’s going into his junior season with the Ducks, talked with the Emerald after Friday’s practice about leaving the basketball team, his offseason and […]

Oregon men’s basketball guard Damyean Dotson reaches deferred prosecution agreement for false ID charge

By on Friday, Apr. 11 at 5:43 pm.

Oregon men’s basketball sophomore guard Damyean Dotson reached a deferred prosecution agreement Friday afternoon at the Eugene Municipal Court. He was charged with possessing a false identification at Taylor’s Bar and Grill in February. If Dotson, represented by Eugene-based attorney Jesse Lohrke, meets all conditions of the agreement by Oct. 13, his charge will be […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Basketball’s Ben Carter and A.J. Lapray to transfer

By on Friday, Apr. 11 at 2:59 pm.

- Oregon forward Ben Carter is expected to transfer to UNLV, which Ducks head coach Dana Altman confirmed Friday morning. Carter, a Las Vegas native, was a key component to Oregon basketball’s post presence during their late season winning streak, but is seeking more playing time closer to home. Carter averaged 2.5 points and 12 minutes […]