Topic: Oregon men’s basketball

Oregon men’s basketball guard Damyean Dotson reaches deferred prosecution agreement for false ID charge

By on Friday, Apr. 11 at 5:43 pm.

Oregon men’s basketball sophomore guard Damyean Dotson reached a deferred prosecution agreement Friday afternoon at the Eugene Municipal Court. He was charged with possessing a false identification at Taylor’s Bar and Grill in February. If Dotson, represented by Eugene-based attorney Jesse Lohrke, meets all conditions of the agreement by Oct. 13, his charge will be […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Basketball’s Ben Carter and A.J. Lapray to transfer

By on Friday, Apr. 11 at 2:59 pm.

- Oregon forward Ben Carter is expected to transfer to UNLV, which Ducks head coach Dana Altman confirmed Friday morning. Carter, a Las Vegas native, was a key component to Oregon basketball’s post presence during their late season winning streak, but is seeking more playing time closer to home. Carter averaged 2.5 points and 12 minutes […]

Men’s basketball guard A.J. Lapray to transfer from Oregon to Pepperdine

By on Friday, Apr. 11 at 9:47 am.

Oregon men’s basketball guard A.J. Lapray will transfer to Pepperdine, he tweeted Thursday afternoon. The athletic department has not confirmed the transfer yet. (Update: Dana Altman confirmed Lapray’s transfer Friday morning) Happy to announce that I'll be playing at Pepperdine next year! #GoWaves — Angelo (@AJLapray) April 10, 2014 Lapray played in two games last season […]

Oregon men’s basketball guard Johnathan Loyd joins football team as wide receiver

By on Monday, Apr. 7 at 2:20 pm.

Oregon men’s basketball senior guard will be joining the football team this coming season as a wide receiver, according to GoDucks.com editor Rob Moseley. Loyd will dawn No. 10 this upcoming season, the same number he wore for the basketball team. Quarterback Damion Hobbs is No. 10 on the current roster but he will switch […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Jillian Alleyne named honorable mention All-American

By on Wednesday, Apr. 2 at 2:25 pm.

- Women’s basketball standout Jillian Alleyne was awarded honorable mention All-America honors by The Associated Press, the first Oregon player to receive the honor since Shaquala Williams in 2002. The sophomore led the nation in rebounds per game (16.8) and double-doubles (29) this season and became the fifth player in NCAA history to grab 500 rebounds in […]

Oregon men’s basketball: Johnathan Loyd on his favorite memories of former assistant coach Brian Fish

By on Tuesday, Apr. 1 at 2:40 pm.

On Tuesday evening, Montana State filled its head coaching vacancy with Oregon men’s basketball assistant coach Brian Fish. Fish just finished his fourth season with the Ducks, the same number of seasons guard Johnathan Loyd played for the team. Loyd was the first recruit to commit to Oregon with head coach Dana Altman and Fish […]

Former Oregon men’s basketball player and coach Ernie Kent hired as Washington State head coach

By on Monday, Mar. 31 at 5:11 pm.

Washington State hired Ernie Kent to be the new men’s basketball coach on Monday. Kent, a former Oregon player and coach, will replace Ken Bone, who was fired on March 18. “Somebody like Ernie that would have a passion for Washington State like he did for the University of Oregon would be someone I’d be […]

Emerald sports quotes of the week: Joseph Young debates staying at Oregon or jumping to NBA

By on Sunday, Mar. 30 at 9:01 pm.

Men’s Basketball Oregon basketball fans are awaiting the word of star guard Joseph Young’s decision on whether he’ll enter the NBA draft early or return to Oregon for his senior year. Based on his most recent tweets, Young might be just as unsure as his fans. Control what u can control and take advantage of […]

Kim: What’s next for Oregon men’s basketball?

By on Thursday, Mar. 27 at 5:09 pm.

The Oregon men’s basketball team (24-10, 10-8 Pac-12) has come a long way. Since bringing in Dana Altman from Creighton in 2010, the Ducks have experienced four straight 20-win seasons and two straight NCAA tournaments. And during these past four years, the Ducks have established themselves as a formidable — at times, elite — national […]

Emerald roundtable: Road back to Sweet 16 starts with test against BYU to open NCAA tournament for Oregon men’s basketball

By on Wednesday, Mar. 19 at 7:05 pm.

Every week during men’s basketball season, our sports staff will discuss different topics surrounding an upcoming game(s). Today, sports reporters Hayden Kim, Madison Guernsey and Ryan Kostecka discuss the NCAA tournament. Oregon’s first game comes on Thursday at 12:10 p.m. PST against BYU. 1) Was Oregon’s seven seed higher (move favorable), lower or about what […]

Oregon men’s basketball: Five-star recruit JaQuan Lyle commits to Oregon

By on Wednesday, Mar. 19 at 4:01 pm.

JaQuan Lyle, five-star men’s basketball recruit and the No. 22 overall player in the 2014 class according to Rivals.com, committed to Oregon at about 3:10 p.m. Wednesday. Lyle originally committed to Louisville before deciding to withdraw his commitment in September. Lyle made his commitment at the Evansville Airport Holiday Inn by announcing he would attend University […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Oregon track and field garners Division I men’s athlete of the year, coach of year awards

By on Wednesday, Mar. 19 at 1:49 pm.

- Oregon freshman Edward Cheserek was voted by the nation’s indoor track & field coaches and the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coach Association as the Division I Men’s National Athlete of the Year. This past weekend, Cheserek swept the 3,000 and 5,000 meters events at the NCAA Championships held in Albuquerque, N.M., to […]

Oregon men’s basketball: Ducks selected as seven seed, will play BYU in first round of NCAA tournament

By on Monday, Mar. 17 at 12:06 am.

The Oregon men’s basketball team (23-9, 10-8 Pac-12) is the seven seed in the West region of the NCAA tournament. They’ll play the 10th-seeded BYU Cougars (23-11, 13-5 WCC) in Milwaukee, Wis., on Thursday, March 20 at approximately 12:10 p.m. Pacific Time. The Ducks defeated BYU 100-96 in overtime on Dec. 21. “Nothing but excitement,” […]

Oregon men’s basketball: Ducks advance to Pac-12 tournament quarterfinals with 88-74 win over Oregon State

By on Thursday, Mar. 13 at 10:39 am.

The Oregon men’s basketball team (23-8, 10-8 Pac-12) extended their winning streak to eight games following their first round victory against Oregon State (16-15, 8-10) in the Pac-12 tournament. Including the regular season, the Ducks finished the season 2-1 against the Beavers. They are now set to face No. 2 seed UCLA in the quarterfinals […]

After the buzzer: Joseph Young says seven-game winning streak ‘helps a lot’ heading into Pac-12 tournament

By on Monday, Mar. 10 at 5:05 pm.

The Oregon men’s basketball team (22-8, 10-8 Pac-12) finished the regular season on a seven-game winning streak and recently received the seventh seed for the upcoming Pac-12 tournament. Oregon guard Joseph Young spoke to reporters before practice on Monday about facing in-state rivals Oregon State for the third time this year and continuing the momentum […]

Raw video: Johnathan Loyd on Oregon’s first game of Pac-12 tournament versus Oregon State

By on Monday, Mar. 10 at 5:07 pm.

Oregon senior guard Johnathan Loyd talked to the media before Monday’s practice and said he “just found out” about playing Oregon State in the first round of the Pac-12 tournament on Wednesday. Loyd discussed that matchup, Oregon’s defensive depth and his team’s mindset during their current seven-game winning streak. Follow Victor Flores on Twitter @vflores415

Oregon men’s basketball: Joseph Young makes All-Pac-12 second team, Mike Moser earns honorable mention

By on Monday, Mar. 10 at 5:15 pm.

The Pac-12 announced its 2013-14 men’s basketball awards and all-conference teams Monday morning, and two Ducks earned accolades. Guard Joseph Young made the second team and forward Mike Moser earned an honorable mention for the Ducks (22-8, 10-8 Pac-12), who finished the regular season tied for third in the conference. Both players transferred to Oregon prior […]

Oregon men’s basketball: Mike Moser earns second straight Pac-12 player of the week honor

By on Monday, Mar. 10 at 1:19 pm.

Forward Mike Moser earned his second straight Pac-12 player of the week award on Monday, putting him into the Oregon men’s basketball history books. Before Moser, no Duck had ever earned consecutive player of the week honors. This is also the second time in program history that Oregon has earned back-to-back weekly honors — Luke Ridnour […]

Emerald sports quotes of the week: Johnathan Loyd says Ducks ‘can make some noise’ in Pac-12 tournament

By on Sunday, Mar. 9 at 5:20 pm.

Every Sunday, The Emerald sports staff will collect their favorite quotes from the previous seven days. Athletes, coaches, media or anybody with a quote pertaining to Oregon sports can be included. Below are The Emerald’s favorites from the week of March 2-March 8. Baseball “His stuff is so good that if he gets control, he’s […]

Oregon men’s basketball: In final regular season game, seniors shine brightest in upset over Arizona

By on Saturday, Mar. 8 at 7:44 pm.

The Oregon men’s basketball team trailed by five points as the clock wound down at the end of the first half. But with the way the Ducks were playing, the deficit felt larger. Senior point guard Johnathan Loyd dribbled in place for nearly 20 seconds before the Ducks started running their play. Redshirt senior Jason […]