Topic: oregon spring game

Quarterback Jake Rodrigues leaving Oregon football

By on Monday, May. 12 at 12:23 pm.

Backup Oregon quarterback Jake Rodrigues is leaving the football team and is looking to transfer schools, the redshirt sophomore told CSNNW.com Monday. He made his decision after meeting with head coach Mark Helfrich. The athletic department has yet to confirm Rodrigues’ departure, although ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura and The Oregonian’s Andrew Greif confirmed the report. Confirmed […]

Emerald sports quotes of the week: Mark Helfrich says backup QBs had ‘Myeh’ peformance in spring game

By on Sunday, May. 4 at 5:50 pm.

Every Sunday, The Emerald sports staff will collect their favorite quotes from the previous seven days. Athletes, coaches, media or anybody with a quote pertaining to Oregon sports can be included. Below are The Emerald’s favorites from the week of April 28-May 4. Football spring game “Myeh, you know. I can spell that out for […]

Marcus Mariota shines as Team Mariasu takes easy care of Team Twifo, 27-7

By on Saturday, May. 3 at 7:19 pm.

The floodgates opened quickly for the team with Marcus Mariota behind center. The redshirt junior threw two touchdown passes in the first quarter to both Thomas Tyner and Devon Allen, and Team Mariasu handled Team Twifo en route to a 27-7 win in what Mark Helfrich termed as a “sluggish” spring game. In front of […]

Take a Knee: Taylor Alie discusses importance of the military in spring game

By on Wednesday, Apr. 30 at 6:12 pm.

Last year, redshirt freshman quarterback Taylor Alie was in the stands to watch Oregon’s spring game. This year, he’ll be on the field. After having a successful spring camp, Alie is trying to move his way up the quarterback depth chart. Following Wednesday’s practice, Alie caught up with the Emerald to discuss the spring game […]

Take a Knee: Senior running back Kenny Bassett reflects on spring game past

By on Monday, Apr. 28 at 4:48 pm.

Senior running back Kenny Bassett has come a long way since joining the team as a walk-on four years ago. This Saturday, Bassett will compete in his final spring game at the University of Oregon. After Monday’s practice, Bassett talked with the Emerald about his spring game past and the current status of the Ducks […]

Take a Knee: Evan Baylis talks about spring on the field and in the classroom

By on Wednesday, Apr. 23 at 8:21 pm.

The tight end position for the Oregon Ducks is filled with young talent and potential. One of the players that expects to earn a substantial amount of reps is redshirt sophomore Evan Baylis. Standing at 6-foot-6, Baylis flashed potential last year and is looking to build on that through spring practices this year. The Emerald […]

Spring game provides additional win for Food for Lane County

By on Tuesday, Apr. 30 at 1:34 pm.

Students, faculty and local community members contributed a total of 72,693 pounds of food at the 2013 spring game. Oregon football fans were asked to contribute at least three cans of food instead of traditional football tickets to gain access to the event. “This is a great partnership with the University of Oregon,” Alicia Hines, […]

Zone Read AM: Format announced for Saturday’s spring game, college football’s four-team playoff discloses official name

By on Thursday, Apr. 25 at 1:08 pm.

Via the brand new and official Twitter account of Oregon’s football team, the format for Saturday’s spring game will be offense vs. defense. With the Ducks facing numerous injuries, though, a real scrimmage was questionable. The format for Saturday’s Oregon Spring Game will be offense vs. defense. D can earn pts for TOs, 3-and-outs, etc. […]

Zone Read PM: Oregon baseball kicks off, helmet hoaxes and the best sports story I’ve read this month

By on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 1:29 pm.

Oregon baseball is ready to kick off its season this week. Starting Friday, the Ducks will start a four-game series in Honolulu, Hawaii looking to extend its three-game win streak against the Rainbows. It’s the third straight season Oregon has begun the season on the pacific island, and the preseason pressure is the highest it’s […]

Oregon football’s potential spring game helmet leaked online

By on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 4:03 pm.

With the national buzz constantly surrounding Oregon football’s apparel, it’s hard to keep new uniform iterations secret. But if sources on Twitter — including running back De’Anthony Thomas — are to be believed, at least one of Oregon’s two scrimmage teams in its annual spring game will wear white, digital camouflage helmets. It’s hard to […]