Topic: oregon spring game

Spring game provides additional win for Food for Lane County

By on Tuesday, Apr. 30 at 1:34 pm.

Students, faculty and local community members contributed a total of 72,693 pounds of food at the 2013 spring game. Oregon football fans were asked to contribute at least three cans of food instead of traditional football tickets to gain access to the event. “This is a great partnership with the University of Oregon,” Alicia Hines, […]

Zone Read AM: Format announced for Saturday’s spring game, college football’s four-team playoff discloses official name

By on Thursday, Apr. 25 at 1:08 pm.

Via the brand new and official Twitter account of Oregon’s football team, the format for Saturday’s spring game will be offense vs. defense. With the Ducks facing numerous injuries, though, a real scrimmage was questionable. The format for Saturday’s Oregon Spring Game will be offense vs. defense. D can earn pts for TOs, 3-and-outs, etc. […]

Zone Read PM: Oregon baseball kicks off, helmet hoaxes and the best sports story I’ve read this month

By on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 1:29 pm.

Oregon baseball is ready to kick off its season this week. Starting Friday, the Ducks will start a four-game series in Honolulu, Hawaii looking to extend its three-game win streak against the Rainbows. It’s the third straight season Oregon has begun the season on the pacific island, and the preseason pressure is the highest it’s […]

Oregon football’s potential spring game helmet leaked online

By on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 4:03 pm.

With the national buzz constantly surrounding Oregon football’s apparel, it’s hard to keep new uniform iterations secret. But if sources on Twitter — including running back De’Anthony Thomas — are to be believed, at least one of Oregon’s two scrimmage teams in its annual spring game will wear white, digital camouflage helmets. It’s hard to […]