Topic: Oregon track and field

Emerald Quick Hits: Lindvall and Peterson lift No. 1 Oregon softball to seventh-straight win

By on Wednesday, Apr. 23 at 1:47 pm.

– The Oregon softball team ran its winning streak to seven games as it came from behind to defeat in-state foe Portland State by a score of 4-2. With the game tied at 2-2, Janelle Lindvall and Alexa Peterson hit back-to-back solo home runs in the sixth inning to help No. 1 Oregon pull out […]

Jenna Prandini earns Pac-12 athlete of week for second time this month

By on Tuesday, Apr. 22 at 2:14 pm.

Jenna Prandini was named the Pac-12 Women’s Track Athlete of the Week. The conference made the announcement on Tuesday. The redshirt sophomore received the honor for her performance at the Mt. SAC Relays in Walnut Creek, Calif., where she recorded the second-fastest time in the world this year with a time of 11.11 in the 100 meter. […]

Emerald sports quotes of the week: Devon Allen ‘keeps surprising’ on gridiron and track

By on Sunday, Apr. 20 at 5:37 pm.

Every Sunday, The Emerald sports staff will collect their favorite quotes from the previous seven days. Athletes, coaches, media or anybody with a quote pertaining to Oregon sports can be included. Below are The Emerald’s favorites from the week of April 14-20. Track and field “Devon Allen keeps surprising. He is probably beat up more […]

Jenna Prandini leads Oregon women in impressive performance at Mt. SAC Relays

By on Sunday, Apr. 20 at 6:06 pm.

At the Mt. SAC relays on Saturday, the women’s sprinters looked impressive, especially redshirt sophomore Jenna Prandini. Prandini recorded the fastest NCAA wind-legal time in the women’s 100 meter dash this year with a time of 11.11. Fellow Ducks Jasmine Todd and Marybeth Sant also finished well in the 100 meter by placing third and […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Oregon baseball and softball brave the rain and pick up wins

By on Friday, Apr. 18 at 1:40 pm.

-Oregon softball had yet another explosive offensive showing, this time dismantling California 9-1 Thursday afternoon at Howe Field. The game was the Ducks’ debut at Howe as the No. 1 team in the nation, a ranking they lived up to against the Bears. The Ducks were able to get off to a fast start, scoring […]

Photos: Outdoor track and field – Oregon Relays kicks off day one with Decathlon and Heptathlon events

By on Thursday, Apr. 17 at 10:40 pm.

The Oregon Ducks host Wichita State in day one of the Oregon Relays at Hayward Field in Eugene on April 17. Despite the rain that constantly affected the track meet, Oregon had four men competing in the decathlon and two women competing in the heptathlon. The final event of the day was the men’s 400 […]

Oregon track and field off to a strong start at Oregon Relays, lead decathlon and heptathlon

By on Thursday, Apr. 17 at 7:53 pm.

The first day of the Oregon Relays is in the books after athletes from both Oregon and Wichita State competed in the decathlon and heptathlon at Historic Hayward Field. At the end of the day Oregon’s Lauren Crockett led the women’s competition with 3,233 points while teammate Daphne Chambers finished just behind her in second […]

Oregon track and field set to compete in both Oregon and Mt. SAC Relays

By on Thursday, Apr. 17 at 10:37 am.

Oregon track and field has a busy upcoming weekend, as Duck athletes will be competing in both the Oregon Relays at Historic Hayward Field as well as the Mt. SAC Relays, both of which take place April 17-19. “There are lots of great opportunities for us to put the Ducks in successful positions,” head coach […]

Brittany Mann talks Oregon track season goals and being part of ‘solid group of young throwers’

By on Wednesday, Apr. 16 at 4:21 pm.

Oregon track and field redshirt freshman thrower Brittany Mann took time away from celebrating her 20th birthday to talk to members of the media about her season so far Wednesday afternoon. Happy birthday, by the way. “Thank you. I’ve been carrying these balloons around with me all day and people have been yelling at me.” You’ve […]

Take a Knee: Devon Allen participates in football practice after strong showing at Pepsi Dual Meet

By on Monday, Apr. 7 at 5:08 pm.

Two days after Devon Allen participated in three events at the Pepsi Dual meet at Hayward Field, the redshirt freshman appeared in pads for the second week of Oregon’s spring football practice. The dual-sport athlete scored six points on Saturday and also won the 110 meter hurdles in a personal record time of 13.96 seconds. […]

Oregon’s Jenna Prandini looks to break track and field records in 2014 season

By on Sunday, Apr. 6 at 5:32 pm.

The fastest time in the world. That was what Oregon redshirt sophomore sprinter Jenna Prandini was told after she crossed the finish line at the Aztec Invitational. “I was surprised. I didn’t have any idea what I ran when I crossed the finish line,” Prandini said. “My family was all there and my little cousins […]

Oregon track and field: Ducks sweep Arizona in Pepsi Dual meet

By on Saturday, Apr. 5 at 5:37 pm.

Oregon track and field went head-to-head with Arizona Saturday in the Pepsi Dual meet at Hayward Field. Wearing throwback uniforms, both the Oregon men and women were able to defeat the Wildcats, with the final scores of 114-47 and 101-52 respectively. The headline going into the meet was the men’s 1,500, which featured two of […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Oregon softball sweeps Washington for the first time in its history

By on Monday, Mar. 31 at 2:57 pm.

- Thanks to Kailee Cuico’s two-run homer in the bottom of the seventh Sunday, the Oregon softball team beat the Washington Huskies 4-3. The win capped a historical weekend, in which the Ducks swept their Washington rivals for the first time in its history. – Oregon baseball ended what was a rough stint in California […]

Oregon track and field: Women’s 4×100 meter relay team posts fastest time in the world this year at Aztec Invitational

By on Saturday, Mar. 29 at 7:17 pm.

Over the weekend the Oregon track and field team traveled to San Diego, Calif. to participate in the Aztec Invitational hosted by San Diego State University. The meet was a three day event that spanned from Thursday to Saturday with open, invitational and high school sections. Most of the open events were held on Friday […]

Oregon track and field: Outdoor season begins with Oregon Preview

By on Saturday, Mar. 22 at 11:08 pm.

The Oregon outdoor track and field season officially began Saturday with the running of the annual Oregon Preview at Historic Hayward Field. The Ducks, who are coming off an indoor season that saw both the men and women win Indoor National Championships, use the Oregon Preview as a chance for fans to become familiar with […]

Oregon track and field: Ducks finish historic meet, men and women win NCAA Indoor team Championships

By on Sunday, Mar. 16 at 11:05 am.

Going into the the NCAA Indoor Track and Field championships, the 11 men representing the Oregon track and field team were ranked the sixth best in America. For the women, the story circulated around their efforts to win a fifth consecutive title, a mark that would tie for the longest streak in NCAA history. Well, history […]

Edward Cheserek upsets Lawi Lalang in 5,000 meter run, Oregon men lead after day one of NCAA Indoor championships

By on Saturday, Mar. 15 at 12:51 pm.

Day one of the NCAA Indoor Championships went about as well as the Oregon men’s track and field team could have imagined, as the Ducks finished Friday in the team lead with 24 points. Edward Cheserek furthered his amazing freshman year as a Duck with an individual NCAA championship in the 5,000 meter run and Parker […]