Topic: Oregon track and field

Oregon’s Cole Walsh fails to advance past qualifying round in pole vault

By on Thursday, Jul. 24 at 1:42 pm.

Oregon pole vaulter Cole Walsh was eliminated from semi-final contention at the 2014 IAAF World Junior Championships after failing to clear the 5.10 meter mark. On his first attempt at 5-meters, Walsh was out of sync. “My first jumps aren’t always the best,” Walsh said after the event. “I usually take a little bit longer […]

Oregon distant runner Maggie Schmaedick cherishes experience against world’s best

By on Wednesday, Jul. 23 at 9:39 pm.

Oregon distant runner Maggie Schmaedick entered the 5,000 meter race at the IAAF World Junior Championships without much of a strategy. Instead, Schmaedick had a personal approach to the race, focusing on herself rather than keeping pace with the pack. “My coach told me don’t even worry about pace because there are four, or five […]

Ashlee Moore reflects on heptathlon experience, looks forward to joining Oregon

By on Wednesday, Jul. 23 at 11:41 pm.

After a second-to-last place finish in the 800 meter portion of the women’s heptathlon, incoming Oregon freshman Ashlee brown was content. Relaxed for the first time in two days, and seven events, at the IAAF World Junior Championships, Moore reflected on her experience — a 13th place finish and a personal best score of 5466 […]

Ariana Washington sprints into women’s 100 meter final

By on Wednesday, Jul. 23 at 6:37 pm.

After the qualifying round of the women’s 100 meter dash on Tuesday, incoming Oregon freshman Ariana Washington talked about how starting off slow was a common denominator in her races. In the semi-final of the women’s 100 meter dash, Washington struggled out of the blocks once again, but qualified for the finals with a time […]

Ashlee Moore faces uphill battle heading into final day of heptathlon

By on Tuesday, Jul. 22 at 9:15 pm.

Incoming Oregon freshman Ashlee Moore got off to a fast start in the heptathlon at the IAFF World Junior Championships on Monday. Moore achieved a personal best in the 100 meter hurdles  — the first segment of the competition  — with a time of 13.59 and finished second to Netherlands heptathlon athlete Nadine Visser. “I […]

Incoming Oregon freshman Ariana Washington advances to semi-final in women’s 100 meter dash

By on Tuesday, Jul. 22 at 11:09 pm.

Ariana Washington is already getting acclimated to her new home at Historic Hayward Field. Washington, who enrolled at the University of Oregon this summer, made the short walk from the dorms to the track to compete in the qualifying round of the women’s 100 meter dash at the IAAF World Junior Championships on Tuesday evening. […]

Oregon senior Laura Roesler named finalist for Bowerman award

By on Thursday, Jul. 10 at 12:39 pm.

Oregon senior Laura Roesler was named as one of three finalists for The Bowerman Trophy, one of the most prestigious awards in collegiate track and field, Thursday afternoon. Also named as finalists were Sharika Nelvis of Arkansas State and Courtney Okolo of Texas. Roesler dominated in her final season with Oregon. She was able to […]

Oregon freshman Edward Cheserek named finalist for Bowerman Trophy

By on Wednesday, Jul. 9 at 1:45 pm.

Oregon’s Edward Cheserek was named one of the three finalists for The Bowerman Trophy, one of collegiate track and field’s highest individual honors. The other two finalists named were Arizona’s Lawi Lalang and Texas A&M’s Deon Lendore. Oregon has had four finalists and two winners since the award was created in 2009. Galen Rupp took […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Oregon signee Raevyn Rogers wins 800 meters, Oregon football welcomes Zac Schuller

By on Monday, Jul. 7 at 10:25 pm.

- On the final day of the USATF Junior Championships, Oregon signee Raevyn Rogers won the 800 meters. – The 2014 World Cup is now down to four teams. For Brazilian exchange students at the University of Oregon, this is just another opportunity to pour out their passion for their beloved national team. – After heading into the […]

Oregon signee Raevyn Rogers soars, wins 800 on final day of USATF Junior Championships

By on Sunday, Jul. 6 at 8:24 pm.

Incoming Oregon freshman Raevyn Rogers had quite the performance on the final day of the USATF Junior Championships Sunday at Historic Hayward Field. Rogers, who competed in the women’s 800, dominated the competition en route to a first place finish and invitation to compete later this month in the World Junior Championships. She led the […]

Oregon freshman Devon Allen named USATF Athlete of the Week

By on Wednesday, Jul. 2 at 5:59 pm.

A month after winning the 110-meter hurdles in the NCAA Championships, Oregon freshman Devon Allen repeated the same performance at the U.S. Outdoor Championships in Sacramento, California last weekend. Due to his victory in last week’s event, Allen has been named as the United States of America Track and Field Athlete of the Week, the first […]

Devon Allen wins and Laura Roesler sets record on final day of USATF Outdoor Championships

By on Sunday, Jun. 29 at 10:53 pm.

The final day of the 2014 USATF Outdoor Championships came to a conclusion Sunday afternoon in Sacramento, Calif. with multiple events crowning champions. It was Oregon senior Laura Roesler who had the best performance of the day for someone competing in a Ducks uniform. Roesler competed as part of a competitive women’s 800, holding her own […]

Oregon’s Mike Berry sprints to a sixth-place finish at USATF Outdoor National Championships

By on Saturday, Jun. 28 at 3:26 pm.

The action continued at the 2014 USATF Outdoor National Championships in Sacramento, Calif. Saturday afternoon as athletes competed in a combination of qualifying heats and finals. Oregon’s Mike Berry was the headliner for the Ducks as he competed in the finals of the men’s 400. Berry qualified for the event with the seventh fastest time in […]

Oregon’s Trevor Dunbar leads Duck performances during day three of the USATF Outdoor National Championships

By on Friday, Jun. 27 at 10:50 pm.

The 2014 USATF Outdoor National Championships continued Friday at Sacramento, California as current and former Ducks impressed with their performances. The highlight for Oregon fans came via the men’s 5000 meters, which was the final event of the day. Oregon senior distance runner Trevor Dunbar competed well against a tough field, working hard to finish […]

Galen Rupp’s 10,000-meter victory highlights Oregon accomplishments on second day of USATF Outdoor Championships

By on Friday, Jun. 27 at 10:37 pm.

Former Oregon runner Galen Rupp added to his impressive resume by winning the 10,000 meters on the second day of the 2014 USATF Outdoor Championships Thursday night in Sacramento, California. The victory is the sixth in a row for Rupp at the distance in which he set the American Record during the 2014 Prefontaine Classic at […]

Oregon’s Laura Roesler named Academic All-American Second Team

By on Thursday, Jun. 26 at 1:06 pm.

Oregon track and field senior Laura Roesler was named to the 2014 Capital One Academic All-American Second Team Thursday afternoon. This is the second academic honor Roesler has received this season after she was named the Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year. The middle distance runner from Fargo, North Dakota graduated this year with a 3.54 […]

Oregon track and field named 19 to All-Academic Teams

By on Thursday, Jun. 19 at 4:14 pm.

Oregon track and field celebrated 19 of their student athletes as they were named to the Pac-12 All-Academic teams, the conference announced Thursday. In total 11 Duck women and eight men were honored for their achievements in the classroom as students. Distance runner Casey Campbell was named to the Pac-12 All-Academic First team. Campbell currently […]

Oregon track and field’s Robert Johnson and Andy Powell earn coaching awards

By on Wednesday, Jun. 18 at 3:57 pm.

Oregon track and field head coach Robert Johnson was named the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Men’s Head Coach of the Year on Wednesday afternoon. Oregon assistant coach Andy Powell also received the award. He was named the Men’s Assistant Coach of the Year. This latest award adds to Johnson’s […]

Three members of Oregon track and field receive Pac-12 awards

By on Tuesday, Jun. 17 at 4:47 pm.

Three members of Oregon track and field were honored Tuesday as sprinter Jenna Prandini, hurdler Devon Allen and head coach Robert Johnson were given Pac-12 conference awards. Prandini was named the Women’s Track Athlete of the Year and the Field Athlete of the Year, Allen was given the Men’s Newcomer of the Year and Johnson […]