Topic: Oregon women’s golf

Emerald Quick Hits: Former Oregon players find NFL homes

By on Monday, May. 12 at 4:13 pm.

- The 2014 NFL draft occurred this past weekend and four former Oregon football players got selected by professional organizations. On Friday, Josh Huff heard the call from a familiar person when the Philadelphia Eagles and head coach Chip Kelly made Huff the 86th overall pick. Next off the board for Oregon was De’Anthony Thomas. The […]

Oregon women’s golf falls behind early at NCAA Regionals

By on Thursday, May. 8 at 4:54 pm.

Women’s golf fell behind early during the first round of the NCAA West Regional Tournament at the par 72 Tumble Creek Club at Suncadia Resort in Cle Elum, Washington; finishing the day at 23-over and 23rd overall in the 24-team field on Thursday. Caroline Inglis’ even-par scorecard was Oregon’s best performance of the day. Cathleen Santoso and Cassy […]

Emerald Quick Hits: Acrobatics and tumbling reigns at nationals, track and field sets new UO record

By on Monday, Apr. 28 at 1:00 pm.

- The Oregon Acrobatics and Tumbling team won its fourth consecutive National Collegiate Acrobatic and Tumbling Association National Championship on Saturday. The Ducks’ score of 290.825-282.600 was the highest point total they had reached all season and the team avenged a loss to Azusa Pacific earlier in the year by holding them off in every facet of the […]

Maui native Cassy Isagawa stays grounded amidst golf success

By on Monday, Apr. 28 at 9:49 pm.

Cassy Isagawa has won her fair share of tournaments, but this one was different. The University of Oregon golfer played at the 2010 Junior Professional Golfers Association Championship in a neck-and-neck battle with junior phenom Ginger Howard for the title. “I didn’t even realize how many people were watching,” Isagawa said. “I got tunnel vision.” […]

Oregon women’s golf struggles with weather, competition at Pac-12 championship

By on Sunday, Apr. 27 at 4:40 pm.

Oregon women’s golf faced tough weather and tough competition at the Pac-12 championship held at the par-72 Trysting Tree Golf Course in Corvallis, Oregon this weekend, and the Ducks struggled to an eighth place finish. As heavy rain poured down on the Willamette Valley throughout the weekend, Oregon was tasked with facing six of the […]

Oregon women’s golf ties for fifth at Silverado Showdown

By on Tuesday, Apr. 15 at 3:44 pm.

Oregon women’s golf tied for fifth place in the Silverado Showdown, which wrapped up Tuesday. The 35th-ranked Ducks shot 296-298-291 on the Silverado Resort’s par-72 North Course to tie No. 9 Arizona, which shot 294-296-296. Cassy Isagawa and Cathleen Santoso both had productive tournaments, shooting 71-71-73 (1-under) and 70-78-70 (2-over), respectively, placing them fifth and 22nd on […]

Oregon women’s golf: Ducks finish 10th in 15-team PING/ASU Invitational

By on Sunday, Apr. 6 at 7:37 pm.

The No. 30 Oregon women’s golf team was tied for sixth place after a first round 291 (+3) on Friday at the PING/ASU Invitational. However, the Ducks stumbled the next two rounds and finished in 10th place in a 15-team field that feature 12 teams in Golfstat.com’s top 35. Seventh-ranked South Carolina won the tournament with […]

Oregon women’s golf: Ducks lose a competitor before tournament begins, finish 14th at SDSU Farms Invite

By on Thursday, Mar. 27 at 10:33 am.

For the Oregon women’s golf team, consistency was a clear indicator of the team’s continued success throughout what has been a historical 2013-14 season. In every one of its tournaments up to date, the Ducks had not finished outside of the top seven and had broke numerous school records during the process. The way they […]

Oregon women’s golf: Ducks earn first title of the season at Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational

By on Tuesday, Mar. 4 at 11:39 pm.

Behind a par-288 in the final round, the Oregon women’s golf team captured its first tournament title of the season in the Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational. Placing first out of 13 teams, the 20th-ranked Ducks carded a tournament score of 876 (+12), two strokes ahead of second place UC Davis. The tournament victory is the […]

Oregon women’s golf: Ducks break multiple program records, place second at Westbrook Spring Invitational

By on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10:39 pm.

The No. 22 Oregon women’s golf team continued its historic 2013-14 season on Monday by breaking a program record for lowest tournament score against par at the Westbrook Spring Invitational in Peoria, Ariz. The Ducks would finish second behind Ohio State and wrapped up the three-day tournament with a scorecard of 279, 274, 295 – 848 […]

Best Ducks sports tweets from Monday, Dec. 2

By on Monday, Dec. 2 at 8:13 pm.

Every week, the Emerald sports staff will collect and post its favorite tweets from Oregon athletes, coaches, media, etc. Below are digital sports editor Victor Flores’ favorites from the Monday, Dec. 2, including a special non-Oregon tweet. Auburn cornerback Chris Davis got a warm welcome from his classmates on Monday for making this last-second play to […]

Cassy Isagawa leads women’s golf to fifth place finish at Pac-12 preview

By on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 10:57 pm.

Playing in her native state of Hawaii, junior Cassy Isagawa finished third individually in the inaugural Pac-12 Preview. Isagawa also  led the Oregon women’s golf team to an overall fifth-place finish. The Ducks finished a final score of 5-over par 881. Isagawa, a two-time All-Pac-12 selection, finished 6-under par after playing 54 holes in the […]

Women’s golf makes history in day one of Pac-12 Preview

By on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 10:47 am.

The Nanea Golf Club located in Kailua Kona, Hawaii is hosting its first non-member tournament this week with the inaugural Pac-12 Preview. After two rounds on Monday, the 19th-ranked Ducks sit at seventh with a score of 282-303 — 585 (+1).  In a field loaded with seven teams in the top-25 nationally, the Oregon women’s golf […]

Oregon women’s golf improves in final round at Stanford Invitational but finishes 6th

By on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 7:25 pm.

The Oregon women’s golf team might not have changed places in the standings from round two to three, but they finished the Stanford Invitational on a positive note. The day after shooting a 9-over par 293, the Ducks improved by six strokes in the third and final round on Sunday to finish play with total […]

Oregon women’s golf shoot 10 strokes worse in round two, drop to 6th at Stanford Invitational

By on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 12:28 pm.

The day after the Oregon women’s golf team shot one-under par as a team, not one of the five Ducks golfers even got to even par during the second round of the Stanford Invitational on Saturday. The Ducks also saw their seven-stroke deficit to USC after round one turn into 28 strokes. Oregon now sits […]

Oregon women’s golf tied for third with Stanford at Stanford Invitational

By on Friday, Oct. 25 at 6:07 pm.

The Oregon women’s golf team finds themselves tied with the host team after one round at the Stanford Invitational, and they’re within striking distance of USC’s lead. The Trojans finished with a score of 8-under 276 on Friday, finishing six strokes ahead of the second-place Washington Huskies at Stanford University Golf Course. Oregon and Stanford […]

Women’s golf falls to fourth place at Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational

By on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 7:57 pm.

The Oregon’s women golf team looked ready for a top-3 finish after the first two rounds on Tuesday, but they ended up finishing fourth at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational. The Stanford Cardinal won the 13-team tournament, finishing 1-under. The Ducks were one of two teams on Tuesday to finish both rounds under 300 strokes (Stanford […]