Topic: Oregon women’s golf

Oregon women’s golf ties for fifth at Silverado Showdown

By on Tuesday, Apr. 15 at 3:44 pm.

Oregon women’s golf tied for fifth place in the Silverado Showdown, which wrapped up Tuesday. The 35th-ranked Ducks shot 296-298-291 on the Silverado Resort’s par-72 North Course to tie No. 9 Arizona, which shot 294-296-296. Cassy Isagawa and Cathleen Santoso both had productive tournaments, shooting 71-71-73 (1-under) and 70-78-70 (2-over), respectively, placing them fifth and 22nd on […]

Oregon women’s golf: Ducks finish 10th in 15-team PING/ASU Invitational

By on Sunday, Apr. 6 at 7:37 pm.

The No. 30 Oregon women’s golf team was tied for sixth place after a first round 291 (+3) on Friday at the PING/ASU Invitational. However, the Ducks stumbled the next two rounds and finished in 10th place in a 15-team field that feature 12 teams in Golfstat.com’s top 35. Seventh-ranked South Carolina won the tournament with […]

Oregon women’s golf: Ducks lose a competitor before tournament begins, finish 14th at SDSU Farms Invite

By on Thursday, Mar. 27 at 10:33 am.

For the Oregon women’s golf team, consistency was a clear indicator of the team’s continued success throughout what has been a historical 2013-14 season. In every one of its tournaments up to date, the Ducks had not finished outside of the top seven and had broke numerous school records during the process. The way they […]

Oregon women’s golf: Ducks earn first title of the season at Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational

By on Tuesday, Mar. 4 at 11:39 pm.

Behind a par-288 in the final round, the Oregon women’s golf team captured its first tournament title of the season in the Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational. Placing first out of 13 teams, the 20th-ranked Ducks carded a tournament score of 876 (+12), two strokes ahead of second place UC Davis. The tournament victory is the […]

Oregon women’s golf: Ducks break multiple program records, place second at Westbrook Spring Invitational

By on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10:39 pm.

The No. 22 Oregon women’s golf team continued its historic 2013-14 season on Monday by breaking a program record for lowest tournament score against par at the Westbrook Spring Invitational in Peoria, Ariz. The Ducks would finish second behind Ohio State and wrapped up the three-day tournament with a scorecard of 279, 274, 295 – 848 […]

Best Ducks sports tweets from Monday, Dec. 2

By on Monday, Dec. 2 at 8:13 pm.

Every week, the Emerald sports staff will collect and post its favorite tweets from Oregon athletes, coaches, media, etc. Below are digital sports editor Victor Flores’ favorites from the Monday, Dec. 2, including a special non-Oregon tweet. Auburn cornerback Chris Davis got a warm welcome from his classmates on Monday for making this last-second play to […]

Cassy Isagawa leads women’s golf to fifth place finish at Pac-12 preview

By on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 10:57 pm.

Playing in her native state of Hawaii, junior Cassy Isagawa finished third individually in the inaugural Pac-12 Preview. Isagawa also  led the Oregon women’s golf team to an overall fifth-place finish. The Ducks finished a final score of 5-over par 881. Isagawa, a two-time All-Pac-12 selection, finished 6-under par after playing 54 holes in the […]

Women’s golf makes history in day one of Pac-12 Preview

By on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 10:47 am.

The Nanea Golf Club located in Kailua Kona, Hawaii is hosting its first non-member tournament this week with the inaugural Pac-12 Preview. After two rounds on Monday, the 19th-ranked Ducks sit at seventh with a score of 282-303 — 585 (+1).  In a field loaded with seven teams in the top-25 nationally, the Oregon women’s golf […]

Oregon women’s golf improves in final round at Stanford Invitational but finishes 6th

By on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 7:25 pm.

The Oregon women’s golf team might not have changed places in the standings from round two to three, but they finished the Stanford Invitational on a positive note. The day after shooting a 9-over par 293, the Ducks improved by six strokes in the third and final round on Sunday to finish play with total […]

Oregon women’s golf shoot 10 strokes worse in round two, drop to 6th at Stanford Invitational

By on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 12:28 pm.

The day after the Oregon women’s golf team shot one-under par as a team, not one of the five Ducks golfers even got to even par during the second round of the Stanford Invitational on Saturday. The Ducks also saw their seven-stroke deficit to USC after round one turn into 28 strokes. Oregon now sits […]

Oregon women’s golf tied for third with Stanford at Stanford Invitational

By on Friday, Oct. 25 at 6:07 pm.

The Oregon women’s golf team finds themselves tied with the host team after one round at the Stanford Invitational, and they’re within striking distance of USC’s lead. The Trojans finished with a score of 8-under 276 on Friday, finishing six strokes ahead of the second-place Washington Huskies at Stanford University Golf Course. Oregon and Stanford […]

Women’s golf falls to fourth place at Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational

By on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 7:57 pm.

The Oregon’s women golf team looked ready for a top-3 finish after the first two rounds on Tuesday, but they ended up finishing fourth at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational. The Stanford Cardinal won the 13-team tournament, finishing 1-under. The Ducks were one of two teams on Tuesday to finish both rounds under 300 strokes (Stanford […]

Women’s golf team tied for 2nd after first day of Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational

By on Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 10:24 pm.

The football team isn’t the only Oregon program battling the Washington Huskies this week. After two rounds at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational, the women’s golf team is tied with Washington for second place, shooting scores of 590. However the two schools aren’t close to the top spot. Stanford is ahead of them by 21 strokes. […]

Junior women’s golfer Isagawa wins Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational

By on Monday, Sep. 23 at 3:28 pm.

Junior golfer Cassy Isagawa started off her season in one of the best possible ways with a victory in the individual score of the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational this past weekend. Isagawa wrapped up the three-day tournament, which had a field of 90 players, by posting a final score of 12-under (70, 68, and […]

Zone Read AM: Defensive pressure the key to a Ducks win over Washington tonight, indoor track and field remains in the top 10

By on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 1:09 pm.

Tonight, the men’s basketball team faces the Washington Huskies at the Alaska Airlines Arena in Seattle, Washington. After three straight Pac-12 losses, the Ducks dropped four spots to No. 23 in the AP poll this week. This will be the 294th game between the two schools, the second-longest rivalry in the conference, trailing only the […]

Ducks golf finishes 12th at the Mason Rudolph Championship

By on Tuesday, Sep. 25 at 11:04 am.

After three rounds at the Mason Rudolph Championship in Nashville, Tenn., the University of Oregon women’s golf team finished in 12th place. Falling two spots at the end of round three, the Ducks shot 24-over-par 312 on Sunday at the Legend North Course in rough weather conditions as heavy winds and humidity plagued the Nashville […]