Topic: Portland Trail Blazers

Former Duck E.J. Singler to play for Trail Blazers’ D-league affiliate

By on Thursday, Oct. 24 at 2:56 pm.

Former Oregon basketball player E.J. Singler was recently cut by the Portland Trail Blazers and will be playing in the NBA Development League. As one of the final three cuts for Portland, Singler will have to play for the Trail Blazers’ affiliate, the Idaho Stampede. The former Oregon forward went undrafted in the 2013 NBA […]

The good, the bad, the ugly: Police report surfaces, accuses Colt Lyerla of assault in 2012

By on Thursday, Oct. 10 at 12:49 am.

GOOD After completing 16 of 27 passes for 355 yards and scoring seven total touchdowns this past weekend against Colorado, Marcus Mariota was named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week. Mariota joins De’Anthony Thomas and Bralon Addison as Ducks who have received the award this season. Thomas was named the Offensive Player of the […]

Zone Read: Tommy Thorpe to pitch in USA-Japan series, LaMarcus Aldridge trade rumors spread

By on Tuesday, Jul. 2 at 6:55 pm.

In a constant effort to improve, the Oregon baseball team has seven athletes participating in summer baseball of some form. Most notably would be pitcher Tommy Thorpe. Thorpe is representing the United States as a part of the national team playing in the 39th USA-Japan series. However, Thorpe isn’t alone. Garrett Cleavinger, Scott Heineman and Darrell […]

Zone Read: Pac-12 Network volleyball schedule released, Emeralds fall to Hops 12-0

By on Tuesday, Jun. 18 at 2:51 pm.

On Monday, the Pac-12 Network announced the television schedule for the upcoming volleyball season. Oregon will be featured in 15 televised games with reigning conference champion Stanford getting 17 games on the network. The schedule has expanded this season to a full 90 games — eight more than last season — with each Pac-12 team […]

Zone Read PM: Tony Woods works out for Blazers, Spurs hold 3-2 edge over Miami

By on Monday, Jun. 17 at 4:39 pm.

In their ninth predraft workout today, the Portland Trail Blazers hosted six more prospects in preparation for the upcoming NBA draft on June 27th. Among the six players was the former 6-foot-11 Oregon center  Tony Woods. Woods has now worked out with both the Boston Celtics and now the Blazers and will likely try to fit in […]

Zone Read PM: Timbers try and clinch U.S. Open Cup, UO football reaches academic heights

By on Tuesday, Jun. 11 at 6:20 pm.

With a win tonight against Tampa Bay, the Portland Timbers can advance to the U.S. Open Cup. Although their challenging June 15 match up with Dallas is looming, the Timbers claim that their attention is focused on Tampa Bay. *** As the NBA draft gets closer, the Blazers have continued to bring in draftees for […]

Zone Read PM: Oregon baseball reaches Eugene Regional championship, Robert Johnson West Region coach of the year

By on Tuesday, Jun. 4 at 1:24 pm.

After dropping game two in the Eugene Regional, the Oregon Ducks baseball team rallied back to defeat San Francisco and Rice. They will now take on Rice in the Eugene Regional title game. This will be the third game between the two teams in the past two days. After falling to Rice 1-0 in their […]

Zone Read PM: Blazers work out prospects, Jake Reed named starter against South Dakota State

By on Saturday, Jun. 1 at 2:47 am.

With four picks in the upcoming draft, three being second rounders, the Trail Blazers’ scouting team is working overtime. On Friday it worked out four projected second-round draftees. Portland has several issues it wishes to address in the offseason and plans to consider drafting, trading or signing a player in free agency to improve the […]

Wieber: Trail Blazers fortunate to lose 11 straight

By on Tuesday, Apr. 16 at 1:54 pm.

Prior to the start of the 2012-13 season, the Trail Blazers seemed destined to be a lottery team for the second straight year. By December, though, the brilliant play of rookie sensation Damian Lillard, coupled with improvement from Nicolas Batum, Wesley Matthews and J.J. Hickson, had quickly dispelled that notion. The Blazers were in a […]

Zone Read PM: Oregon looks to NCAA Tournament, Blazers mull over playoff odds

By on Tuesday, Mar. 19 at 5:34 pm.

Many college basketball analysts and Duck fans had Oregon slated somewhere between the eight and five seed for the NCAA tournament after winning the Pac-12 and getting their second win of the year over UCLA. Many of these same people were shocked when it was announced that the Ducks were handed a 12 seed. It […]

Zone Read AM: Blazers drop close game, E.J. Singler fills record books

By on Friday, Mar. 1 at 12:11 pm.

After losing seven straight games to fall out of the playoff race to 10th in the competitive NBA Western Conference, the Blazers dealt the Boston Celtics a tough loss and looked again like the early season team surprising the league. A win last night against the Denver Nuggets would have been key, but the Blazers lost on […]

Zone Read PM: Oregon baseball starts new season, basketball looks to remain perfect in Pac-12

By on Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 6:18 pm.

The Oregon Ducks baseball team, after coming one win shy of a trip to compete in the College World Series, is ready to start its 2013 season. The Ducks are No. 6 in the nation, and with All-American closer Jimmie Sherfy and senior shortstop J.J. Altobelli leading the way, the Ducks have high expectations. Head […]

Zone Read AM: Oregon gets shot at NCAA Football’s cover; Sacramento Kings could move to Seattle

By on Wednesday, Jan. 9 at 2:46 pm.

Sophomore sensation De’Anthony Thomas has video-game speed. And if the votes keep up, he might just become video-game royalty, too. Per an EA Sports press release: The EA SPORTS NCAA Football Cover Vote had advanced to the second round as the field of 126 was cut down to 32 schools today. After over 630,000 fan votes were […]