Topic: Volleyball Final Four 2012

Oregon volleyball ends season on a disappointing note

By on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 3:36 pm.

As the confetti fell in the KFC Yum! Center and the Oregon Ducks watched the Texas Longhorns celebrate winning the 2012 national championship in front of over 16,000 people, there were no noticeable tears from the Oregon players. Instead, the looks were that of disappointment and maybe even more appropriately anger. As soon as the […]

Live from the KFC Yum! Center: Oregon swept by Texas in national championship

By on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 3:33 pm.

Oregon and Texas’s women’s volleyball teams play for the national championship at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky.  Oregon beat Penn State 3-1 on Thursday in the Ducks first ever appearance in the Final Four while Texas ended the Cinderella run of the unranked Michigan Wolverines in a five set thriller. Oregon got off to […]

Social media reaction: Oregon tangles with Texas for NCAA volleyball title

By on Saturday, Dec. 15 at 2:12 pm.

There’s but one game left in this year’s NCAA women’s volleyball season: Oregon vs. Texas. Winner takes all. Fans from across the country are tuned in, ready to see either the Longhorns earn their second-ever national championship or AVCA Player of the Year Alaina Bergsma hoist the trophy for the underdog Ducks. Gotta root for […]

Player spotlight: Bailey Webster keys Texas’ offensive attack

By on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 3:31 pm.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — When Oregon volleyball takes the court tonight against the Texas Longhorns, they will see a familiar sight on the other side of the net. Similar to Penn State, the top seed the Ducks just vanquished, the Longhorns are a tall, physically imposing squad; Texas has nine players are on their roster listed […]

Jim Moore, Oregon volleyball sits down for last press conference before national championship game

By on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 3:26 pm.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The Oregon Ducks volleyball team had their final press conference Friday afternoon before they take on the Texas Longhorns tomorrow night at 4 p.m. PST to see who will be crowned national champions. Seated at the podium with head coach Jim Moore were three Oregon seniors who have gone on quite an […]

Ducks realize tonight is behind them, now shift focus to Texas

By on Friday, Dec. 14 at 1:44 pm.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — For the first time in program history, the Oregon Ducks volleyball team is headed to the NCAA National Championship. Coming off an impressive 3-1 victory over top-seeded Big 10 Champion Penn State, the Ducks have earned the right to battle the Texas Longhorns on Saturday night at the KFC Yum! Center with […]

Oregon volleyball beats Penn State, advances to face Texas in championship

By on Friday, Dec. 14 at 5:46 pm.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — No. 5 Oregon defeated No. 1 Penn State 3-1 on Thursday and are now headed to their first National Championship game in program history for a match against the Texas Longhorns on Saturday night. The Ducks had a balanced attack against Penn State with Liz Brenner leading the team with 17 kills […]

Live from the KFC Yum! Center: Ducks win in four sets to advance to national title game

By on Thursday, Dec. 13 at 9:18 pm.

Oregon makes its first ever appearance in a Final Four against number one overall seed Penn State with first serve set for 6:00 p.m. on ESPN2. The Ducks met the Nittany Lions last season and came away with the upset, ending Penn State’s 94 match home win streak. Penn State won a very competitive first set […]

Player spotlight: Ducks offense will go only as far as Lauren Plum takes them

By on Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6:54 pm.

Often times when thinking of the unsung hero of an athletic team, the last person typically thought of is the quarterback — they become synonymous with “the face of the franchise” and tend to get a majority of the credit and blame for a team’s performance. However, this is not the case for the Oregon […]

Social media buzzes before Oregon volleyball faces top-seeded Penn State

By on Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6:44 pm.

As No. 5 Oregon and No. 1 Penn State gear up to play in tonight’s NCAA Tournament semifinals, fans of both factions have taken to Twitter to show their support. Im tryna watch those volleyball games later on. PENN STATE goes too hard!! — Lyles John Paul (@Lyles_John) December 13, 2012   Penn State women’s […]

What sets this year’s Oregon volleyball team apart

By on Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6:39 pm.

Head coach Jim Moore has transformed the Oregon volleyball team from a program that hardly garnered any national attention or recognition to a perennial Pac-12 contender now advancing to the Final Four, further than the program has ever been before. Entering Moore’s eighth year at the helm of the Oregon program, he is no stranger […]

Photos: Gameday for Oregon volleyball at the Final Four in Louisville

By on Thursday, Dec. 13 at 11:20 am.

The Oregon volleyball team squares off against top-seeded powerhouse Penn State in the NCAA Tournament’s semifinals Thursday night. The No. 5 Ducks are coming off last week’s thrilling comeback win over Nebraska in the regional finals in Omaha. Here’s the scene in Louisville, Ky., where the Ducks will play the Nittany Lions.